Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

fireblade401

Hipec op done. Week 2 in hospital. Few unexpecteds...

Hi guys. I don't wanna go into too much detail but ive had a pretty tought time at my HIPEC op to say the least. Couple of things happened which made the experience a lot worse than a 'normal' op but anyway here I am week 2 recovery. I also had 2 unexpecteds. Rectum was removed even though after laparoscopy was told this wasnt necessary and 4/5ths of the bowel was removed (way more than expected) so I have a temporary stoma which also was unexpected. My questions are for those with similar amount of bowel after reversal how much control do you get back with such little colon and no rectum? Also why do you think so much bowel was removed and also a small part of small intenstine too? Do you think it was more extensive than thought or could it genuinly have spread within the 3 weeks waiting for the op?? Not sure when next meeting with surgeon is and lying here wondering these thing. Thanks in advance...

Baxter2

Great news @fireblade401

No misbehaving this time! πŸ˜‰

Karenβ€οΈπŸ’™πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’œ

Gypsy

Have everything crossed for you @fireblade. You have had such a time of it. Sending healing thoughts. Love Gypsyxxx

Baxter2

Good morning @fireblade401

Just wondered how things were going now you're at home? Isn't it amazing g getting into your own bed?

Sending loads of good wishes

KarenπŸ’šβ€οΈπŸ’›πŸ’™πŸ’œ

fireblade401

Well I am currently in a ward in Portsmouth Hospital. While at home I developed a fever up to 40 degrees and increasing pain. They think the bleed may have also caused an infection so i was sent to a and e to get antibiotics and a scan immediately. After a day and night in hospital they decided to put a drain in which after another night in has drained well over a litre of blood so far! Just waiting on leaving for home as we speak with drain still in place for another 3 days. Also benn a nightmare with discharge as they have royally screwed my pain meds up (didnt give me any!) So now waiting after a lot of arm waving and anger for an on call pharmacist to come out and ammend my discharge. You couldn't make it up. And this is the short version....

determinedjoan

Oh sooo soz to hear that @fireblade401 ; wish u better soon. Thinking of u n sending love πŸ’— n πŸ€— n healing vibes :x:

MrsMoors
Quote from @fireblade401:
Well I am currently in a ward in Portsmouth Hospital. While at home I developed a fever up to 40 degrees and increasing pain. They think the bleed may have also caused an infection so i was sent to a and e to get antibiotics and a scan immediately. After a day and night in hospital they decided to put a drain in which after another night in has drained well over a litre of blood so far! Just waiting on leaving for home as we speak with drain still in place for another 3 days. Also benn a nightmare with discharge as they have royally screwed my pain meds up (didnt give me any!) So now waiting after a lot of arm waving and anger for an on call pharmacist to come out and ammend my discharge. You couldn't make it up. And this is the short version....

Huge hugs mate x you'll get there :x:

bettebette

Hello @fireblade401 sending you some more good wishes and hope you are feeling better today :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Hope you're now at home and feeling more settled @fireblade401

It all seems a bit of a slog I know only too well.......but you're getting there!

Sending love and best wishes,

KarenπŸ’œπŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’›β€οΈ

Sele2017

Hi sending you some positive healing and best wishes@fireblade401. Hope you feel better soon.❀️❀️

Lizalou

How miserable @fireblade401

(I had the opposite problem, had to wait hours, wouldn't let me out without my hospital issue paracetamol and ibuprofen! )

Hope you are now back home with decent painkillers and on the road to recovery. :x::x:

fireblade401

Thanks for the replies

KatieR

Well @fireblade401 ...you have had an adventure whilst Ive been on my holidays .!
I do hope you are safely at home now and have no more setbacks
Cath :x::x:

Trimmer

Hope you are home now. We have spent many an hour waiting for discharge meds from QA, right hand and left hand usually comes in mind. Best wishes that you are feeling better and are able to enjoy the lovely weather at the moment.

HH79

Hope you’re doing ok at home now @fireblade401 :x:

greyhound gal

@fireblade401, are you safey at home? And is the drain out now?
Best wishes, Wendy :x::x:

fireblade401

Yes @greyhound gal drain is finally out and managing to sleep now so slowly getting there. Thanks

greyhound gal

You’ll get there!! :x::x:

cyclingjohnny

all the best to you,plenty of rest and recovery. john.

GD62

get well soon :x::x::x:

determinedjoan

Really hope u feel much better soon . Thinking of you & sending love, hugs & healing vibes :x: