New to the community?

tashamoo

Symptoms

Hi all I was just wondering if you could all share your symptoms with me ? Thank you :x:

Gypsy

Hi, @tashamoo. I honestly would wait until you have a diagnosis, hard though that is. It is not helpful just now to dwell exclusively on bowel cancer- you are just feeding your anxiety. :x::x::x::x:

tashamoo

This is very true it’s just so hard isn’t it :x::x:

Bear G

I agree with @Gypsy , @tashamoo
There are so many different ways we can present and those same symptoms could mean a number of differnt things going on, often not cancer.
As I recall, you’re booked in for tests at the hospital and then hopefully you’ll have clarity. I know it’s not easy while you’re waiting.
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

Sasa

Hi @tashamoo , prior to my hubby’s diagnosis, the gastrointestinal said that his symptoms could mean about 150 different diagnoses.... take heart from that!

Sarah :x:

charleyb

I have to agree that symptoms now would be unhelpful as no one person is the same. My husband had no pain, no bleeding, was still in the gym, and felt fine, just was on the toilet more. As scary as your symptoms are there could be so many reasons for them, big hugs i hope you get some answers soon :x::x::x:

Lirio345

Good morning @tashamoo, you have received excellent advice above and this waiting game is really really hard. You have to do one day at a time and try to keep busy doing absolutely anything that helps, take very good care and stay in touch, Kim :x::x:

tashamoo

Thank you all ☺️ Just today to get through will keep you all updated tomorrow :x::x:

Salgal

Wishing you all the best for tomorrow @tashamoo gentle hugs :x::x::x:

tashamoo

Hi @Salgal appointment went well was seen very quick and booked in for colonoscopy Saturday he said he didn’t think it was sinister which has made me feel a bit better ☺️ Thank you for your message and will keep you updated :x::x:

Salgal

@tashamoo that’s sounds positive 👍🏻 Hope the prep and colonoscopy goes well on Saturday hugs :x::x:

bubblegum80

@tashamoo
Hiya, I’m booked for gastro doctor and was told to expect a colonoscopy... just anxious and wondered was it painful? Or is there an option for pain relief. Or what was your experience? I hope you got good results and nothing sinister was wrong hun :x::x:

emsie

Hey I’ve just had a colonoscopy.i suffer with anxiety disorder but honestly it wasn’t as bad as u would imagine x

Quote from @bubblegum80:
@tashamoo
Hiya, I’m booked for gastro doctor and was told to expect a colonoscopy... just anxious and wondered was it painful? Or is there an option for pain relief. Or what was your experience? I hope you got good results and nothing sinister was wrong hun

bubblegum80

@emsie
Hiya

It’s just the unknown isn’t it, I think if wasn’t a cancer screening it wouldn’t be so bad , maybe lol but it’s just the thoughts of it. I’m dreadinggggg it lol just want it out of way now lol I hope your outcome was good thanks for the reply
D :x::x: