Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

Aisling00

PET scan first time; Questions to ask

Current situation: 1 month after lower anterior resection. Being treated for infection in joint area.

Liver cyst that was removed was cancerous. No lymph nodes involved.

Doctors say they don't know what's causing the extreme sicknesses.

Hi all,

Thank you all for the continued support.

We are going to be travelling today to hopefully get a PET scan for our father. Please god we get answers, in limbo with a very sick father who can't barely eat, suffering greatly.

Any advice on what to ask in PET scan results which will be on Friday. This is our first PET scan for da

Lots of love

Aisling :x:

Chelts

There's not a lot you can ask in a PET scan- it just happens and the results are sent away for analysis.The questions come when you go for feedback from your oncologist, which are the usual treatment questions.
Good luck!

Aisling00

Thank you, yes perhaps for Friday we need to ask questions and be ready

Sending best wishes

DianeS

Hi @Aisling00 I presume the scan has been done now and hope all has gone well. So sorry to hear how poorly your father is, and I really hope things start to improve soon. Make sure you have another pair of ears on Friday, and pen and paper, as there is so much to take in and understand it’s almost impossible. If you have questions, I suggest you write them down as you think of them, and take them into your meeting. Very best of luck for you and your family, Diane :x::x::x::x:

bettebette

Hello @Aisling00 I agree with the advice from @DianeS. Sending you and your dad (and your sister) lots of positive thoughts and good wishes :x::x::x: