Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

Trimmer

Lonsurf

My husband has just completed his second cycle of Lonsurf and is coping well, except for the extreme fatigue. Have others encountered this fatigue and does it always accompany the treatment? Best Wishes to all who find themselves on this treatment path. Jen

tonibates1

@Trimmer Hello, my husband is on cycle 3 of Lonsurf and yes he too gets very tired. He can fall asleep on a pin standing up!!! I just leave him to it and when he wakes up he usually feels pretty good. He does have upset stomach usually on the Friday before he finishes the course. So, that is normally day 4. Then he's good to go again. Hope this reassures you a little bit. :x::x:

Trimmer

Thank You @tonibates1 for your speedy reply, which was very reassuring. He had his second cycle delayed for 10 days because of a problem with his blood but the hospital monitors his blood closely. Wishing you and your husband a Happy Easter, :x::x::x:

Sasa

Hi @Trimmer, my hubby has had his 2nd cycle of this and has also been very tired. Very constipated and sore tummy too. He is pretty miserable on it, but hopefully it is working a little as his skin met seems to be less inflamed. Problem is, he does get grumpy when gets tired, and he is now sleeping in until late morning most days, or suffering the consequences the next day. It seems hard to juggle....

Sarah :x:

Trimmer

Thank you @Sasa for your response. I am sorry you are also following this path. Our journey is just over 2 years and I marvel at my husband’s strength and positive attitude, even though it has been tested severely. I hate to see him so very tired though. Best wishes to you both xx Jen

Sasa

Hi @Trimmer , thank you! Your story sounds similar to ours, how sad to be on 3rd line treatment after only 2 years or so. It’s funny because the tiredness seems the best side effect to me for my lovely hubby, it’s just hard to cope with the effects of this from my perspective.

Take care, and please let me know how he gets on with this treatment, I get the impression from Mark’s onc that he doesn’t really expect much from it...

Sarah :x: