Life with bowel cancer

DianeS

Barnet Hospital today

My insurance company will no longer monitor me, so I have switched to the NHS and had my first visit to Barnet Hospital for bloods prior to seeing my oncologist on Wednesday. Everyone was so lovely, except a very rude elderly gentleman in the queue who shouted at me in front of everyone for getting in the wrong queue. I was so taken back it made me cry. The woman in front of me apologised for him and said he must have got out of bed the wrong side. He then turned around and had another go at me and the woman. I’m not sure what is going on in the world today, it was a genuine mistake, I’ve never been there before. I’m still thinking of it tonight........sorry for the rant 😢😢😢😢😢

determinedjoan

Sooo v soz for ur upset 😢 today; really hope u can get a good night’s sleep & rest & feel better tomorrow :x:

jean

There’s No excuse for being rude @DianeS sorry it upset you. Don’t let him get to you, it’s his problem not yours :x::x::x:

Bear G

Hi @DianeS
Sorry to hear about that, we never know what’s happening in other people’s lives or what conditions they may have.
What you can do is try to focus more on the rest of the day and how good everyone else was.
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

greyhound gal

It does upset you when someone is rude for no reason @DianeS ! But rise above it, you’re a better person :x::x:

Scardycat

It’s a whole different world @DianeS . Makes us appreciate how lucky those of us who have had private treatment are. Although much of the medical treatment Is the same the way you get treated and the whole atmosphere is miles apart.

DianeS

Thanks @determinedjoan @jean @Bear G @greyhound gal and @Scardycat, it’s nothing to do with the NHS, all the NHS staff were lovely. This is just the general public, I’ve met some really awkward and rude people when I’ve been private too. You are right though @Bear G we don’t know what others are suffering, and maybe he had just had enough this morning. Some people just get to you, and leave you feeling really upset. :x::x::x::x:

bettebette

Oh dear @DianeS sorry you had a horrible experience, I hope you are feeling better now :x::x:

DianeS

Im fine now thanks @bettebette, he probably wouldn’t have approached me if hubby was there, but he was parking the car. :x::x::x::x:

bettebette

We should give him the benefit of the doubt and think that perhaps he was ill or upset and worried, but I’m sure there’s no need for rudeness (or bullying behaviour) Glad to hear you are feeling better now :x::x:

terri m

Sorry to hear about your miserable experience queueing earier @DianeS .. There are plenty of them rude people out there & I wouldnt take it personally. We all get the rant days lol😁. However some can just rant to themselves.. You will prob laugh about it in a,few months from now.. Hoping tomorrow is a better day xxx💗

DianeS

Thank you @bettebette and @terri m, think I was feeling vulnerable yesterday and let him get to me. There are far more important things to worry about than a rude man in a queue. Love D :x::x::x::x::x::x:

Gypsy

Hugs dear @DianeS. No wonder you were upset- I would have been too. No excuses for such awful behaviour. I wonder if the old chap had early dementia as it was so extreme. Hope you are feeling better now. Lots of love, Gypsyxxxxx

EssexDan

Hi @DianeS . Sorry to hear that.

Anyway put it behind you as he isnt worth a second thought of your precious time! :x:

jj

@DianeS
Sorry you were upset with that rude man! But as everyone has said, we all have our good days and bad ones, and though most of us internally scream, shout, rant there are others who are too verbal! Have seen this everywhere, including a bus stop. It is NOT personal to you per se, and it’s definitely not your problem but his!
I do hope you picked yourself up and looked at the bright side and have had a better day today.
All the very best.
Jane