Stage 4 bowel cancer

Highkaren

It’s all over

Hi everyone, 2 weeks post surgery and I’ve been discharged.

I didn’t get the full hipec as there were too many peri mets however they did take way the large 13 cm mass, both ovaries, omentum and a large chunk of the abdominal wall where the cancer had grown into. No Ileostomy which was a good result . No game changer in terms of what the surgeon found and no major organ involvement so good news all round.

I’m healing vey well and in the grand scheme of things I’m pleasantly surprised at how good things have been and the exceptional pain management.

Now it’s just mobilising and healing I need to focus on.

I’m continuing to pursue the PIPAC option for remaining peri mets and hopefully can get that in place.

Today is a good day

Thanks for all your love and support .

bexly33

A lovely photo @Highkaren . Best wishes and hope you make a good recovery. Sorry I put the wrong name. xxx🤗

Bridget55

Fab news @Highkaren. Well done. Good luck with continued recovery :x::x:

scruffysheep

Fantastic news @Highkaren best wishes for a continued speedy recovery :x::x::x:

jinnyp

That is great news @Highkaren - you look amazing, such a lovely picture of you two!! Now it’s time to rest up and continue your recovery. Hope you can get the Pipac sorted 🙂 :x::x::x:

DianeS

Wow @Highkaren what a beautiful photo, so pleased you are doing so well. Love D :x::x:

jandals

You look amazing Karen! Great to see your recovery is going so well and they got so much of it in the bin!! Big hugs :x: :x: :x:

angepange

Well done @Highkaren , you’re looking good girl!! :x::x::x:

bizzy bea

You are looking great @Highkaren. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Cx

Baxter2

Still looking great @Highkaren

Keep up the good work and you'll be away holidaying in no time!

Lots of love

Karen💛❤️💙💜💚

Globerry

You are looking great @ Highkaren focus on your recovery now.I admire your positive attitude onwards and upwards :x::x:

Sarah44

Wow what an operation- u look amazing and sounds like you are recovering really well.

GD62

Hello @Highkaren hope you have a speedy recovery, you're a brave well lassie, hugs :x::x::x:

EssexDan

Well done @Highkaren . You look very well indeed. :x:

bogongbelle

Keep up the good work, @Highkaren ! You look amazing and hope that’s how you feel as well. Happy Easter to you and yours 🐥👍 :x::x::x:

Susie15

Best wishes @Highkaren for a speedy recovery
Sue

Sasa

Wonderful news @Highkaren , I have been checking in to see how you’ve been doing! Please make sure you dose up and support your gut biome as this has been proven to be very important post surgery!

Lots of love to you,

Sarah :x:

jj

@Highkaren
Brilliant photo. Looking really good, no one is going to say you had such a major op two weeks back. Looking good should also mean feeling good. So hoping you are feeling good too.
Keep going forward, and your recovery should be probably easier than the op you had. All the very best Karen
Regards
Jane

Lee1974

Look at you! There's nowt wrong with you is there? :D

DMR700

Great news Karen!! :x::x:

GJ

Great news great photo :x: