Life beyond bowel cancer

EssexDan

Speeding towards 6 month checks.

Well believe it or not its nearly been 6 months already since my operation to remove that horrible T4 lump. Its been one heck of a roller coaster too!
However all of a sudden im now at that crucial 6 month check up mark.
Had the meeting last week with the head colorectal nurse and have been informed colonoscopy and endoscopy in 2 weeks time. Then scan 1st week in June.
I have to be honest i am plopping it a bit yes! But am trying not to let any of this impede on my current life.
Never imagined i would be in this situation as i sit and contemplate thoughts on my 14 year wedding anniversary! but hey neither did any of us did we.
Anyway thought i would share this little update with you all.
Thanks for being here for me over the last 6 months all.
Dan. :x:

Gypsy

Thinking of you @EssexDan . :x::x:

judith

@EssexDan il be thinking of you sending positive vibes and happy forthcoming anniversary Iv just celebrated my 26 th :x::x::x:

jj

@EssexDan
You have come so far, so just stay strong and positive. Wishes for your 14th anniversary. We will be celebrating our 35th on Sunday. My husband was positive he wouldnโ€™t be here for it when he was diagnosed in January!!! So lots of best wishes, prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.
Regards

Hans

Good luck to you @EssexDan

greyhound gal

Well hello there @EssexDan ! I am, of course, sending the bestest wishes :x::x:

DSussex

Hi Dan,

Glad to see that youโ€™re still posting. I hope the forthcoming checks give you positive news.:)

All the best. :x::x:

GD62

Hello Dan

Hope the upcoming scan and colonoscopy go well, I've got my colonoscopy on Tuesday and 6 month scan in July......

all the very best :x::x:

azro3

Good luck @EssexDan and congratulations on the 14 year anniversary.

Cakeyj

Good luck @EssexDan and @GD62.
Sending positive wishes for the coming weeks :x::x::x:

EssexDan

Thanks all. Next week now (he says biting nails).
Good luck to you too @GD62

determinedjoan

Congratulations on ur 14th wedding anniversary :x:

1234annie

Good luck @EssexDan
I have my 18 month off chemo scan tomorrow night. I am scared but am now a bit like what will be will be. I've spent a few weeks thinking about best case and worst case but none of us 'know' but we are here now so plan to make the most if it ๐Ÿ˜˜

EssexDan

Good luck to you too @1234annie. And i think i'll adopt your mental attitude too.:x:

1234annie
Quote from @EssexDan:
Good luck to you too @1234annie. And i think i'll adopt your mental attitude too.

I swing from really having my sh*t together to falling apart!! It's all normal and these check are very very scary. I don't think it becomes any easier, you just learn to sit with the uncomfortable feelings a bit better. I will keep it all crossed 4 u. :x: :x:

Baxter2

@EssexDan

Just sending all my very best wishes for your colonoscopy and scan! I'll have everything crossed for you!

Karen๐Ÿ’›โค๏ธ๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’™

spannerkate

@EssexDan I'm a bit late posting on here but wanted to wish you good luck for next week, I'll be keeping everything crossed for you! ๐Ÿคž :x::x:

EssexDan

Thanks so much all. :x: