Gary Logue Colorectal Nurse Award 2019
Nominate an outstanding colorectal nurse today

Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

MrsMoors

When you realise the chemo starts in two days.....

And you realise how blissful those few precious normal weeks post surgery and pre mop up chemo were...!

Hey guys it's been a while! Pre-chemo fear starts! My other half is having his pre-treatment and pic line tomorrow and the chemo starts on Tuesday! Really not looking forward to this! Just thought I'd post where people understand aha!

Hope your all well

:x:

1234annie

Yeah, own it!! Take boiled sweets and comfy clothes, mags. Take a cheeky photo too! Here is one of mine....see I'm still smiling 😊

annie50C

Good Luck @MrsMoors hope it's going well! And fab photo @1234annie !! Xxx Annie xxx.

MrsMoors

Were in and ready! Cheeky photo for you all xx

annie50C

Lovely photo @MrsMoors hope it goes well today lots of love Annie :x::x::x::x:

MrsMoors

Thanks guys! Well today has been an interesting day! This IV chemo is a whole different lark, luckily we have now developed a morbid sense of humour ! :x::x::x:

Jomo9

@MrsMoors you have to keep your sense of humour up. I always sent my friends photos of me being followed to the toilet! xx

lisa7

Sending you both best wishes @MrsMoors hope all goes well :x::x:

EssexDan

And looking at those photos you would have no idea that any of you have had bowel cancer! Crazy huh.

1234annie
Quote from @EssexDan:
And looking at those photos you would have no idea that any of you have had bowel cancer! Crazy huh.

Nope!! Bloody scary eh!
He's looking good @MrsMoors 😘

ElaineR

Hope all went well with the first session. I start my chemo on 9th June and a bit anxious 😟

MrsMoors

Hes pretty rough with it but managed to catch a cold straight away so were not sure what is chemo vs Cold aha! He had some funny side effects initially but its mainly just tiredness and fatigue, next cycle of oxi and 5fu starts on weds :x:

MrsMoors

Round 2 of chemo! Good luck to everyone else this week x

bettebette

I missed your photos the first time @MrsMoors, lovely πŸ‘πŸ» It’s true what Essex Dan says that sometimes we look well and it would be difficult to imagine that some of us have wretched cancer. Best wishes for the rest of the sessions. :x::x:

EssexDan

Hi @MrsMoors . Hubby still looking so unbelievably well. You would have no idea!
How has he been coping with the treatment so far?:x:

Jomo9

@MrsMoors I got my port flushed yesterday in preparation for my next round of chemo. Am meeting with the Oncologist on Tuesday 11th to discuss treatment but thought that I would get prepared! :x::x:

MrsMoors

Good and bad, lots or Neuro dysfunction and hes not got off it so lightly this time, no energy and his hair is starting to fall out. But based on all the other folk there he is doing really well :x::x:

MrsMoors

Hey Dan, he has DVTfrom the looks of it, at the hospital at the moment for them to try and figure out.how are you getting?

EssexDan

Hi @MrsMoors oh no! I hope you get this sorted. What is the plan if it is DVT.
Im fine thanks. Still popping iron tablets as the tumour depleted my iron stores! But apart from that back to living a normal life thankfully.
He's doing so well isnt he, i hope he knows he is.

KatieR

Hello @MrsMoors Just catching up on everyones latest news John had two lots of chemo then got diarrhoea which we blamed on the chemo then he got really sick He was very poorly I took him off to hospital because he hadn’t eaten anything for a whole day ! ! ...so I knew something was seriously wrong They eventually diagnosed Campylobacter which is similar to Salmonella
He is 100% better now and we have the go ahead to resume chemo tomorrow Other than being boring we haven't had any other side effects but there is still time !
Im more worried about the dog ,she is very unhappy about us disappearing but we have good friends who come and keep her company and spoil her rotten She got so chubby I can barely lift her !
Cath :x::x: