Stage 4 bowel cancer

GD62

Colonoscopy Outcome....oh heck!

Hi all, not posting frequently, but May is my second anniversary of my original diagnosis, that said had a colonoscopy this morning and had the usual moviprep which was bearable and gas and air.

Had a lovely nurse endoscopist who stated that she found one 5mm polyp which was just near my anastomosis, she assessed it as flat and benign, have to await the pathology report, poly completely removed.

On balance a good result as she said that there was nothing majorly sinister but to await results, and I will probably get a regular scope now as I'm a polyp producer. Six month CT scan in July. Onwards and upwards. Lesson will definitely continue with aspirin, turmeric, LDN and omega 3, hopefully they help slow down poly growth, who knows?

Hugs and positive healing all :x::x::x:

Baxter2

All sounds good @GD62

Fingers crossed all well with pathology to

Loads of love

Karenβ€οΈπŸ’™πŸ’šπŸ’›πŸ’œ

HH79

Fab news @GD62! :x:

Lirio345

Sounding positive @GD62, definitely onwards and upwards, Kim :x::x:

jinnyp

That sounds like great news @GD62 .... lovely to hear! :x::x:

bettebette

Sounds good @GD62 best wishes for the pathology :x::x:

angelj

Great news @GD62 :x:

Gypsy

Good news @GD62. I had exactly the same and polyp was benign. Was put on colonoscopy surveillance but next time round, there weren't any! I was told that there is nothing you can do to prevent polyps from forming and if you are going to get them you are going to get them .
Any nice new frocks lately? Do share! :x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

GD62

Hello @Gypsy @angelj @bettebette @jinnyp @Lirio345 @HH79 @Baxter2

Thanks for the reply folks, have left a follow up question for ask the nurse, as obviously we all want to know the polyps are non malignant from pathology. But I'm glad that I got myself checked out and it looks as though I did have a tummy upset, although no bleed I was disingenuous and said I thought I had a bleed so I'd get scoped, but I should have been given a colonoscopy in any event due to my history.

Moreover, I have learned two lessons from this experience, reduce my drinking further, up my dose of aspirin from 150mg to 300mg daily, and take every opportunity to get checked out if you can.

Hugs and positive healing all xxx

By the way @Gypsy my get up shows me shooting at imaginary colonic polyps with my pistol....lolx. I look better than Calamity Jane....@Baxter2 gets jealous of my beauty and I try not to rub it in...poor thing.

Gypsy

Love it!! Yes, you do look good as always!:x::x::x::x:

jean

Brill @GD62 such good news. You look great, aim and blast those polyps away ha ha. I’m wondering about aspirin and I guess not drinking as much can
Only be a good thing, everything in moderation ha ha :x::x:

Baxter2

Yes, I am a little envious @GD62!

Loving the get up especially the make up! Where did you learn to do that or was it professionally done?? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Lots of love as always,

Karen πŸ’™πŸ’šβ€οΈπŸ’›πŸ’œ

GD62

Hello @jean

I have cut my drinking significantly and did have a lot while on holiday, about every three or four weeks I have a drink and will be reducing it further. Last Wednesday had a quite a few strawberry dakaries and will not drink until I go to Malaga during my birthday in middle of June. From my research the higher the dose of NSAID the better response, so packing in wine and spirits and on to occasional shandy.

And @Baxter2 eat your heart out as I am a glamour puss compared to you lolx

hugs :x::x::x:

Bear G

Sounds like a good outcome @GD62
Fingers crossed for the pathology results 🀞
Xx

PS. That’s a β€˜Divine’ photo πŸ˜‰

jandals

@GD62 so pleased to hear your results xxx great shot πŸ‘Œ

charleyb

Charlie had a polyp on first scope @GD62 also close to the join, and from what i understand they are pretty good at knowing which are benign. We also went into panic, and it was an awful wait for pathology, luckily all was ok. They are scoping him again in 6 months, just to double check and also it was not that clear as the prep hadn`t been as successful as usual. If you a are polyp producer then they will scope regularly, maybe yearly depending on your team, as long as they are removed regularly they have no chance of changing into anything sinister. Everything crossed for your results :x::x:

GD62
Quote from @charleyb:Many thanks

Charlie had a polyp on first scope @GD62 also close to the join, and from what i understand they are pretty good at knowing which are benign. We also went into panic, and it was an awful wait for pathology, luckily all was ok. They are scoping him again in 6 months, just to double check and also it was not that clear as the prep hadn`t been as successful as usual. If you a are polyp producer then they will scope regularly, maybe yearly depending on your team, as long as they are removed regularly they have no chance of changing into anything sinister. Everything crossed for your results

terri m

Really pleased to hear your good results @GD62 .πŸ‘πŸ’ :x:

AMM31

@GD62
Great pic and great news!
:x::x: