Younger people with bowel cancer

Sean

Hey Everyone!

Hey guys!

I'm a 32 yr old male and I have recently been diagnosed with colo-rectal and liver cancer, of which there is a fair bit :( I havn't actually been told my staging, tho i can tell by the way I have been rushed onto chemo (fol-fori) it's very advanced.

My bowels had been very erractic for the past 8-12 months, at the start of the year I became very constipated, GP prescriped Laxido, which eventually started to help things along.

Forward to the last week of April, when I started developing a very heavy, and severe pain in my liver. Which led me bringing myself into A&E. I told the docs I had a bad pain in my liver, tho they were certain it was my appendix/gallstone. Was too young, apparently, to have Liver problems. Few days later an MRi revealed I had several large liver lesions, largest being 8.2x8x8 CM another of similar size and others dotted around the liver. Let home and scheduled for the biopsy 3 weeks later. Done the biopsy and went of holiday happy as larry, as one of the registers said I was fine to drink. Given I thought it was drink related, i figured it wasn't anything serious. Had a few beers on holidays, which mainly resulted in me violently spewing my guts every where. I came home severely drained of energy/strength, knowing something was in fact, seriously wrong with me.

Was first told on the 16th of May that my lesions were in fact malignant tumours, suspected of being secondary. A further colonscopy revealed the primary to be colo-rectal, still waiting on the biopsy results of this, tho its pretty certain.

Started my first treatment Monday (fol-fori).

This was all pretty devastating to hear first of, but I am absolutely determined to beat this thing back to where it came from!

Look forward to engaging with you all on this journey!

Sean.:x:

mem

Go you @Sean! Sounds like bloody good news to me (other than having to fund treatment, that is 😞) Fingers will STILL be tightly crossed for Sunday and for some positive MDT news for you on Tuesday. My fingers are going white with a hint of blue btw πŸ˜‰!
Keep us posted Sean :x::x:

angelj

Hey @Sean that’s amazing so pleased, go you! πŸ•Ί πŸ₯³ πŸŽ‰ :x::x:

Clancy

Good news @Sean, hope you get some more good news next week. :x::x:

george1960

Horrible story to tell but welcome and wishing you all the very best in all your treatments, recovery's, and life.

George :x:

Sean

Haha bless you @mem shouldn't be much longer now.. πŸ€”πŸ˜”πŸ™ I still plan on getting there. Sure they think I'm abit nuts but how else are you gonna pull it off. Drives you nuts one-way or the other in any case 🀯
Hope you're continuing to do wellπŸ˜‰

Cheers @Clancy @george1960 @angelj @determinedjoan @annie50C πŸ€žπŸ‘

Big one tomorrow. Constant ain't it, scans waiting chemo waiting scans, chemo change πŸ˜• waiting.

I get the impression they really think if I even beak from chemo things will progress so need to keep hammering it with EVERYTHING still. It's exhausting.

Sean

Sean

Heres me latest update πŸ˜‰πŸ™

Pam

Good news @Sean , so pleased for you :x::x:

Lirio345

Awesome news @Sean, well done for bersevering! Take very good care, Kim :x::x:

helena

@Sean what absolutely wonderful news to read. Your determination and grit is such an inspiration! Well done you, you've made my day, Helena :x::x::x:

KarenE

Oh Wow @Sean, this is brilliant news :x::x:

determinedjoan

Fantastic news @Sean ! Sooo plsd 4 u.
V well done πŸ‘ u mate! U r a gr8 inspiration 2 us all.
V best of luck with op; do I hv a date so we can all be thinking of u & sending healing vibes ur way ? :x:

Clancy

Fabulous news @Sean.:x::x:

greyhound gal

Great news @Sean! Onwards and upwards
:x::x:

jandals

So so sooooo pleased for you Sean!! Xxx m just had his op last wed and it was a mixture of rfa and surgery. You’re in good hands with the prof! Xk

angelj

Well done you, that’s brilliant @Sean :x::x:

mem

Oh wow @Sean! This is fantastic news! You’ve worked so, so hard for it and well done you :x::x:

Sean

Thanks everyone πŸ™ oncology have agreed so we're all set to go and I'm fully into my prep already 😎 the recovery for me is what needs most thought right now

@determinedjoan July 24th is the date. So no more chemo for a while, well hopefully πŸ˜’

Gypsy

You have all my thoughts and prayers @Sean. :x::x::x::x::x:

Sean

My disabled badge and pip is up so I'm sorting that today

bettebette

Sending very good wishes to you @Sean πŸ™‚πŸ€žπŸ‘πŸ»