Relatives and friends

Vish P

Anyone know of options - please help

Hubby who is just 43yrs was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in August and had a ileostomy. Started chemo in October but three days later was hospitalised for vomiting bile. After 4 weeks of trying to find out what was causing it he had surgery again to do a bypass which was unsuccessful due to disease spread on the small bowel. For 4 weeks he’s not eaten and been living on TPN. No food ,no chemo anyone knows anything at all that can be done. Seeing the surgeon on Monday but devastated is an understatement. Just wish the surgery was successful so he could eat and have treatment. And how come it spread in just two months? Thought they take years

Vish P

Anyone know of options - please help

Hubby who is just 43yrs was diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer in August and had a ileostomy. Started chemo in October but three days later was hospitalised for vomiting bile. After 4 weeks of trying to find out what was causing it he had surgery again to do a bypass which was unsuccessful due to disease spread on the small bowel. For 4 weeks he’s not eaten and been living on TPN. No food ,no chemo anyone knows anything at all that can be done. Seeing the surgeon on Monday but devastated is an understatement. Just wish the surgery was successful so he could eat and have treatment. And how come it spread in just two months? Thought they take years

Daffodil

@Vish P , welcome to our friendly and supportive forum. What a terrible time you are having, and I can understand your pain and confusion.
I'm afraid I haven't the experience to offer you advice, but wanted to acknowledge you so you know you are not alone.
You'll get more replies in the morning from others who will be able to advise you.
Here's a hug to be going on with ((( ))), and another to keep in your pocket as a spare (((❤️))) :x::x:

Trinity

Hi @Vish P

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum, you’ll find everyone so supportive.

I’ve no experience of the reasons your hubby is in hospital but my hubby was in hospital all January & the early part of February this year and it’s so hard so I feel your pain. It’s so hard to remain supportive all the time when your hurting so much your self !
Look after your self, try to get some rest and some days try get a break from the hospital routine!
Sending love & hugs :x::x::x::x:

Kathy L

@Vish P . So sorry to read what had been happening and that he is so young. Just offering support to you but really sorry not to be able to offer any advise in your particular case. As for the quickness of spread......well in my husbands case he went from "no sign of any cancer" to " extensive mets in liver and incurable" in 5 months! I believe that it is just the nature of the beast.
Have faith with your medical team as there is so many different treatments on offer, and I am sure there is something that will give you hope.
Holding your hand all the way. Kathy :x:

GD62

Hello @Vish P

Sorry to read about your husband's diagnosis and problems, but I am sure that you will have full update on Monday from the surgical team. I can only recommend contacting our nurse support team to discuss any medical issues on Monday am by phone or online, they will know more. The most important thing is the doctors have stabilised his condition and he is getting nutrition via TPN and good nursing care. I am certain they will have discussed a treatment plan for the coming weeks.

Wishing you both well and positive healing thoughts :x:

Baxter2

Good morning @Vish P I’m so sorry to read of this horrible situation you find yourselves in.....a living nightmare for you I’d imagine? Weekends are never great in hospitals and the information and plans are often not forthcoming. Hopefully tomorrow you will be in a better position to get further information and what is planned for your husband. Sending lots of love, hope and strength to you both. K ????❤️

LynneW

HI @Vish P, sorry that things are not working out for you and your husband. It sometimes takes the body some time to settle after surgery and especially chemo. It is difficult to give advice without knowing the full history, but I would try to give your husband a little of anything that he fancies, ie. soups, soft food, ice cream etc.

I hope your meeting with the surgeon goes well! Thinking of your both! :x::x::x:

LynneW

Hi @Vish P. I have written on your other post. Just wishing you all the best today with your meeting with the surgeon. I hope it all goes well. Thinking of your both. :x::x::x:

Tiffany

Morning @Vish P. Sorry to hear that everything is so stressful for you. I hope that you get the answers you need from the surgeon today but if not don't be afraid to ask for a second opinion. Also if you don't understand something or are unsure you must say so - even if you have to go over and over it until you understand. Cancer is so complicated and no one case is the same. Really thinking of you.

Oh and also, I merged your two posts to make it easier for you. Hope that's OK.
Tiffany :x: