Relatives and friends

Nanny00

Sickness

My daughter is a week into the first cycle of chemo and feeling very sick. Taking the anti-sickness drug. Any ideas of what makes this go away??

Baxter2

Hi @Nanny00 Please ask her to call the chemo unit or GP this morning and ask to try something else. There are various types of anti-sickness tablets and some can be given in combination with others. I found ondansetron was quite good when I had nausea. Good luck! K????❤️

bbrose1

Also possibly some gin gin sweets they helped along side the tablets to minimise the nausea, I found they helped me. Good luck x

CossC

Hi @Nanny00. I found sipping ginger herbal tea helpful during those first few days. Lots of different varieties to vary the taste sensations . Also minty tea might help if there is 'wind' involved too. Thanks for the Gin Gin info above - I hadnt heard of those. And yes, talk to the chemo unit too. All luck and hugs for a quick resolution. :x:

poshbird

I didn’t have chemo but had horrendous nausea post surgery. Ginger tea and ginger biscuits to nibble on helped me, I took them everywhere. :x::x:

Nanny00

Thanks so much for your advice. We are trying them all

Lawsey

Emend is the only thing that worked for me and taking it prior to being sick e.g. preventative measure