When bowel cancer returns

pieface82

Pelvic Exenteration

New member here looking for support. My mum was diagnosed 6 years ago with stage 4 bowel cancer spread to the liver. She had bowel resection and liver resection. She’s had 3 reoccurrences since, pelvis, groin and now pelvis again.

She currently has two sites of cancer in her pelvis but thankfully it hasn’t gone anywhere else. However, the surgeons have now recommended a full pelvic exenteration, hysterectomy, small bowel resection and rectal stump removal. This seems huge and very hard to process at the minute. She’s struggled with the colostomy and now the thought of a urostomy too is scary.

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

Thanks

pieface82

Unfortunately this really was one operation too far. At 4.15pm today my beautiful, amazing, inspirational mummy lost her fight with this god awful disease. I am beyond heartbroken and my life will never be the same. In fact I am not sure how I will put one foot in front of the other. I take some comfort from the fact that she had no real symptoms and lived the last 6 years since her diagnosis to the absolute full. I am extremely grateful for everyone’s support :x:

Pam

So sorry @pieface82, thinking of you tonight :x::x:

Trinity

@pieface82 so sorry to hear your news, may your mum rest in peace, I send my love to you and your family :x::x:

Sparkles

@pieface82 sending lots of love and my sincere condolences, im so very sorry for your heartbreaking loss xx @Brian

Kareno62

So sorry for your loss @pieface82 :x:

Clancy

So sorry @pieface.:x::x:

Sparrow

@pieface82, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Sending my deepest sympathy to you and your family. May your beautiful mummy be at rest now. Much Love and hugs :x::x::x:

LABluebell

@pieface82 Just sending you the biggest hug, So so sorry :x::x:

Baxter2

I’m so very sorry to hear this news @pieface

Sending you all my sincere condolences and love.

Take care,

K :x::x:

charleyb

Really sorry to read this news @pieface82, your mum was a very brave lady indeed! Sending my thoughts to all your family :x::x:

Polly68

Incredibly sad news - so sorry for your loss. I truly hate this awful disease. Sending love and hugs to you and your family. Xx P

Lizalou

Sending love and prayers @pieface82 :x::x:

Meezermum

@pieface82 so sorry . She is at peace now and no more fight against this awful disease . Hugs to you and your family :x::x:

chrissie

Sending my love to all the family, you will be in my prayers :x::x:

jean

So sorry @pieface82 . Sending my love to you all :x::x::x:

LynneW

Just seen your post @pieface82. Sincere condolences to you and your family. So sorry to read your news. Your mum is now at peace and no more suffering. :x::x::x:

jinnyp

@pieface82, have just seen your post with the sad news about your lovely mum. So sorry to hear this - may she rest in peace.
Love and condolences to you and your family.
Jane :x::x::x:

mem

I'm so very sorry to hear the sad news about your lovely Mum @pieface82. Sending love to you and your family at this time :x::x:

springer michelle

So sorry to hear this. God bless your mum, and hugs sent to you and your family :x: