Join us for Bowel Cancer UK's first Supporter Day and help create a future where nobody dies of bowel cancer. Register today.

Stage 4 bowel cancer

Clancy

Re-do liver resection

Hi @GD1962, thanks for your message. I don't know how to send a personal message on this forum, and I didn't want to hijack anyone's post.
I am more nervous about this operation, than the previous liver and bowel resection, I think it's because its the third operation in a year, and to be honest I don't do well with urinary catheters, I tend to go a bit doolally.
I am delighted that you recovered from your surgery at the Christie, they are a brilliant team. They have good leadership, the chief exec is a nurse, or was a nurse for many years, yay!
I had a strange virus over the Christmas period which has left me with achy bones, old age and dry rot. So I couldn't come to see you at the Christie especially when many patients are immunocompromised.i hope you continue to do well. My op is being done at the Royal, where are you having yours done?:x::x:

Daffodil

Hi @Clancy - a little technical help from me.
To send a personal message go to the person's profile page, by selecting their user name, and you will find a button on the right hand side MESSAGE. Click on this and you can send a message to that person only.
:x:

Clancy

Thankyou @Daffodil, very helpful, I am a technophobe. How are you doing?:x::x:

GD62

Hi @Clancy I am going to MRI for liver operation, just waiting for them to get back to me as Christies wrote to the Royal last week.....:x:

Baxter2

Hi @Clancy

I’m sure once the date gets closer, you will regain all the courage and strength that you have already shown having surgery!

You made me chuckle with the ‘achy bones, old age and dry rot’

You’ll be just fine! When is the date?

K ????❤️

Clancy

@Baxter2, 9th. January, just have to keep away from germs. Are you feeling any better?:x::x:

Baxter2

Gosh! Not long at all @Clancy! I’ll have everything crossed for you!

Time to concentrate on looking out your new Christmas Pj’s and slippers!

I agree with you avoiding germs! I was paranoid about that when having my surgeries last year.

I’m feeling a good bit better thank you!

K ????❤️