Just Diagnosed

kw1983

Lots of uncertainty

So tonight I had my staging appointment. After looking at results of my MRI and CT I’m diagnosed as stage 3.
However there are spots on my liver lungs and stomach area surrounding my bowel that look like they may or not be cancer.
I have to have MRI on liver to see what’s happening there.
The tumour on my bowel is at risk of causing blockage so the first thing is I need to have a temporary stoma bag. Doctor then did that chemo would be next stage before operation to remove tumour..
This is all new to me but I think this is what I understand to be the plan...
All this uncertainty is hard for me, I would much rather know exactly what is what but reading through everyone’s posts I think I need to get used to this uncertainty..
anyhow, I’m jusg glad o have this forum and all you lovely people to share this with..
I appreciate any advice or words of wisdom ? :x::x:

1234annie

This sounds silly but what got me though was being greatful for every morning I opened my eyes, every extra day with the kids. Trying to remember that I was not the first person to get cancer and wouldn't be the last and chatting to everyone on here. They all got me though it when the utter dispare set in. Telling me how I felt was normal and they were there for me. I didn't even feel and still don't, that my own hubby knows what it's like. I appreciate that he's seen it all unfold from his side and watched him cry but there is something about sharing on this commen ground that's very comforting. One thing for sure is we are all here for you. :x: :x: :x:

kw1983

@Chris82 @1234annie
Next appointment is in the morning 9am to meet surgeon carrying out the stoma op, MRI Tuesday to see if it’s in liver as there’s a shadow there!!!
I’ve had a few meltdowns today where I actually felt like I had lost the plot, I been ok up until this afternoon... I find it I’m not busy then I’m in a state!!!
I love this forum and all you kind people spending ur precious time talking to me!! It’s a god send that’s for sure.... :x::x::x::x::x:

1234annie

Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you. :x:

Hollyhock

Good Luck tomorrow @kw1983 , it’s a difficult time when you don’t have all the answers yet. Will be thinking of you :x::x::x:

Gary not Gavin

The anxiety is is awful the waiting is a pain but the team are swinging into a action plan. The initial news can be hard to digest but over time you will cope with and even laugh at. I have had the above like a load of others then the stoma (easy a piece or cake) then the chemo and radiotherapy everyone reacts different to but i found ok. But its the waiting which i understand is the hardest thing to deal with.

STAY POSITIVE AND GOOD LUCK.

GAVIN :x:

poshbird

Just to say good luck, try and keep positive. We are all with you on this journey. Once you have a plan in action, it will be a bit easier? :x:

1234annie

Hope your ok hun, how did you get on today? @kw1983 :x: :x: :x:

kw1983

@1234annie well I’m no further forward after today, got to have a few more scans before he knows exactly what the plan is...
Defo chemo/radio to shrink tumour before he can attempt to remove it as it’s bulcky and in a difficult position in my rectum..
Had another few low points today but feeling slightly calmer tonight but that maybe the wine ? xxx
Thanks all @1234annie @Hollyhock @Gary not Gavin @poshbird

1234annie

Good girl...get on the wine. This is definetly not the time to deprive yourself...of anything you fancy. I found a good diet has helped me feel a bit more in control but I'm not giving up wine just being very sensible although I have let my hair down on the shit days.....you have too!! Remember it's baby steps these early days, take it easy and be kind to yourself.
Annie :x: :x:

1234annie

I'm on it too ❤

kw1983

Cheers

1234annie

Cheers hun ❤ I'm well jel as my hubby only brought me these tiny bottles.... two is not enough ?

Gary not Gavin

Keep on doing what your doing and dont deprive yourself what you fancy that wine looks bloody marvelous can almost taste it going down the back of my throat, and living life as that what it for. The plan will come together quicker than you think yeah its a pain having extra ct, bloods and other test but there making sure when they zap the little barhumbugs they get it right.
Thank you also 1234annie@ could murder a glass but after the tablets chemo and radiotherapy will wait a few more weeks for a lovely bottle of pinot grigio
Enjoy you drinks and remember dont get down there are a lot worse off

Gav :x::x:

1234annie

Hope your ok @kw1983 :x: :x: :x:

kw1983

Hello @1234annie I’m ok thank u. I have my MRI liver this afternoon to see what’s going on there, I pray for good news...
my MDT is tomorrow afternoon so hoping they will make a more structured plan as at the moment I’m just in limbo...
Thank u for asking... Hope all is well with you :x::x::x:

1234annie

Good luck for later @kw1983, once the plans in place everything moved quickly. :x:

Steady20

Thinking of you @kw1983 and hope the MRI goes/went ok :x::x:

CalmOnTheOutside

Very difficult times @kw1983 , thinking of you today. It's horrible right now, and for sure there are some challenging things ahead of you, but you will get through this. I have literally this morning come back from my follow-up with the oncologist, to be told the scans are all clear, after a diagnosis of stage 3 last year, surgery and then chemotherapy. So there is always hope.

kw1983

Hi @CalmOnTheOutside I’m am so so pleased of your news! That’s just fantastic and thank u for giving me hope xx?

snowsister

Gosh your dealing with a lots of news there.....
1 day at a time... ask questions, take time to process what you’re learning... use this forum, it’s a wealth of information, support and answers.
We are all here for you every step of your new journey @kw1983
Sending love n positive vibes.....??