Life with bowel cancer

Baxter2

Update from @Highkaren

Hi everyone,

@Highkaren has asked me to post an update on her behalf as we are in touch and have met on a few occasions now for mutual support!

Karen was admitted to hospital on 31st January and is still there. She has gone quiet because she can’t seem to get enough signal to post on the forum herself.

She wants you all to know she’s doing alright but bored and it doesn’t look like she’s getting home anytime soon. She is still hoping to attend the patients day in Glasgow on the 24th Feb!

I’m sure she will appreciate a huge group hug and lots of well wishes from us all. You guys always know how to rally the troups and show support for those who are struggling.

Thank you for reading and your wonderful support.

Get well soon Karen!

Lots of love to you all,

K????❤️

mem

Hope you feel better soon @Highkaren. Sending love :x::x:

Highkaren

Yipeeeeee WiFi......how unpredictable is this disease...no sign of anything and day before visit with oncologist real pain. Think it was an abscess now under control 47 bags of fluid, 27 blood ampules and 7 canular ( which for a needle phobic girl has been a challenge !).

Slight set back after they switched to oral drugs is keeping me in longer and they think some adherence of the small bowel to the peritinium is what’s now causing the pinching so I’m on steroids just now to see if it will help it behave.

Good news is oncologist on her own territory is a lot better so she’s leaving no stone unturned and making sure she’s doing all she can including actively chasing up pipac option at Cardiff.and in the meantime suggesting folfiri as next chemo.

Bath and Hairwash today made me feel much brighter and requested removal of iv pain meds and fingers crossed all okay. Expect to be here another few days.

To everyone who posted well wishes thankyou so much...encouraging words keep me going.

Love you all and to the newbies ...welcome. It’s a journey of twists and turns but we are strong warriors and we will make it.

For eveyone who has positive news congratulations and for those with set backs, it’s just a blip and keep positive xxx

Be back when I can and hope to see some of you at patients day...I will be there xx

Karen

@Baxter2,@Sparkles, @mem,@Mandy, @Sasa,@kim74 ,@Kareno62 ,@Alan C,@Bluebell ,@Bridget55 @Jacey Connell 74 ,@rebeccao ,@HH79

Baxter2

Looking forward to seeing your smiling face on Sunday @Highkaren! ?

Keep up the good work!

Karen ????❤️

KatieR

All the best Karen :x:

Pam

Sending a big hug @Highkaren :x::x:

Rach

@Highkaren hope you get home soon. Sending love :x::x:

springer michelle

Best wishes and you look great . Hope you get home very soon :x:

Alwyn

Great news @Highkaren. Onwards and Upwards. :x:

OFJ

Sending love and hugs, hope you get home soon @Highkaren :x::x::x:

Bridget55

Night @Highkaren. Sleep well in the hospital is you can :x::x:

angepange

Get out of there soon @Highkaren ! Lots of love :x::x::x:

DianeS

Get well soon @Highkaren so sorry to read you are in hospital. Hope you can put all this behind you soon. Love D :x::x::x::x::x:

Mum37

Hello @Highkaren sorry to hear you have been in hospital. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I'm chasing Cardiff too but not got a response yet. The secretary Kathryn has moved to a different department but will forward email onto the surgeon. Hoping you get to go home soon. Big hugs and lots of love :x::x:

Salgal

Hey @Highkaren newbie here but sending you lots of positive thoughts and wishing you all the best :x::x::x:

Lizalou

Hi @Highkaren , glad to hear from you (and see you!)

You are certainly getting your money's worth....those drips do have the advantage of making you feel a whole lot better. And it is great that your oncologist has a set of plans.

Hope things continue to improve. :x::x:

mem

Lovely photo @Highkaren and I hope you are feeling a little better? Hubby and I are going to the patient day so will look forward to meeting you ☺️ :x::x:

HH79

Hi @Highkaren so sorry all you’ve been through, as if not enough going on! You look very well in your photo so hope continue to have a speedy exit and @Baxter2 will no doubt be good boost on Sun! We’re spending half term in the Cotswolds, lovely today the sun is out and clear blue skies! We’ve had rain and snow, all sorts! Lots love xx

Wren17

Hi @ Highkaren, sending you lots of love and virtual hugs. Wishing you a speedy recovery :x::x::x:

Sasa

??? so glad you’re back!

Sarah :x: