Stage 4 bowel cancer

Sele2017

Second opinion

Hi everyone
I asked my oncologist to refer me to the Royal Marsden for a second opinion. So after 2 months, yesterday I received a letter from Marsden, telling me that sorry they don't have any Trial to offer me at the moment. Question 1. I didn't ask for trial, 2, can they refer you for a trial without your authorisation? 3. Is it a mistake on the letter was not meant for me?. I will call my onc. Secretary next week, but at he moment I am very puzzled and concerned! Anyone had this experience? .thank you.:x::x:

Mum37

Hello, I've not had this problem but I got a second opinion from the Marsden and found them very professional and pro active. I would ask you oncologist for a copy of the letter that was sent to see what they asked for. Sorry not much help but as well as asking your oncologist, if you have a contact for Marsden could give them a call directly? Hope you can get it sorted, two months seems like a very long time. :x::x:

Sele2017

@Mum37 thank you , I will call them on Monday! Thanks.:x::x:

Tiffany

@Sele2017. Maybe they The LOC in Harley Street. They offer a second opinion service but to u will have to pay for it :x::x::x:

charleyb

@Sele2017 did you see the referral letter? could that have indicated a trial. We get copies of all our letters. But it could just have been a mistake.
For us we had a second opinion at the Royal Marsden and they were brilliant, we were referred by our Onc, however we didn`t hear anything for two weeks, so hubby called and made the private appointment himself, we were never taken on as patients but they act as our experts, and we have had all surgery there.
I would also recommend Harley st like @Tiffany , my hubby had surgery there, not at LOC but at the clinic and they were amazing!!!
:x::x::x:

Sele2017

@Tiffany and charleyb, thank you so much for your advised, I will call both Marsden and Harley st. I will keep you posted. Thank you.:x::x:

charleyb

Definitely call both!! wishing you lots of luck :x::x:

Sele2017

@charleyb and @Tiffany and @Mum37 , sorry for along silence regarding the my second opinion. Ok now I have seen the letter which specifies second opinion. I spoke to my onc and he said that sometimes when the hospital is doing everything and no change to the treatment the marsden can offer a trial. Called the marsden and spoke to the secretary asked her why they are speaking about trial while I asked for a. Second opinion? and she said she will speak to the consultant and get back to me. Still waiting for a reply!
Just thought I should update you.!thank you all for your support and advise. :x::x:

Mum37

Hi @Sele2017 so annoying all this waiting. I'm currently waiting to hear about the PIPAC trial for peritoneal mets but no one seems to be getting back to me. So frustrating!!! Hang in there and keep pestering them. Good luck :x::x:

Sele2017

Thank you. I will call the marsden next week if I do t hear from them then. Good luck to you too. Take care.:x: