General Discussion

tonibates1

Steve post reversal update..

HI everyone, just to keep you in the loop, Steve is now 2 weeks post 'hartmans reversal' and is doing amazingly well. He is enjoying taking his newspaper into the little mans room and sits for long periods of time contemplating how the world is really flat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Its great to have the man I married back again. Now, we see the oncologist next Tuesday for his new schedule for chemo and then its back to the wonderful team at Canterbury chemo ward to start our visits again. Hey ho, onwards and upwards. And to everyone out there going through the same as Steve, remember there is light at the end of the tunnel. Big hugs to you all. :x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

GD62

Hi @tonibates1 hope steve has a good recovery :x::x::x:

Sasa

Glad to hear Steve is on the mend @tonibates1 , sounds like he and Mark are on similar journeys...

Fingers crossed for you

Sarah :x:

Lizalou

Really pleased to hear this @tonibates1 . It is lovely to feel 'normal' again if you are not best friends with your stoma.

Hope the chemo goes well too.

Hugs to you both :x::x:

Sally1963

So pleased it has gone well - I know how he is feeling! :x::x::x:

tonibates1

HI Guys, thanks for the comments. Steve had his scan results and oncology appointment today and his lung lesion has grown to just over 1cm and his liver ones have shown up again, but oncologist says the chemo should start to sort them out once he resumes treatment. He has about 2 weeks to wait before he can start the chemo treatment again, (due to his only being 3 weeks post op), but we remain positive - he has put on weight and is ready for the next round! He will be on iritrocan ( I know I've spelt this wrong) and cetuximab but this time round the cetux will be in tablet form. So will let you know how things go, once we start new journey. Love to you all. Keep strong. :x::x::x::x::x::x::x: