General Discussion

david watt

CT Scan results

Hi, I have been on immunotherapy for 16 months now and for the first 14 months has worked very well, no pain, no new bits of cancer, mild side effects. But over the last 2 months since the last ctscan have felt activity in chest and waist which was not there before. My next ctscan is on Monday and will have to wait a week for the results, but am fairly certain it is going to be bad news. Will probably have to go back to chemotherapy and start applying for clinical trials, as am not expecting the chemo to be effective. Am going to have to start using the pain killer's soon, and am dreading what the ctscan is going to say. Best wishes David

jinnyp

@david watt thatโ€™s great news, so pleased for you :x::x:

Jane39

@david watt . Great to read your news . Very pleased for you and good to see updates on immunotherapy drugs . Best wishes David . Jane :x:

Sarah44

Really pleased that the scan shows the disease is stable @david watt :x::x:

terri m

@david watt.. I am pleased to hear your great news. Celebration time xxx๐Ÿพ๐Ÿน:x::x::x:

GD62

Good to read you are still stable..........take care @david watt :)

DianeS

So pleased to read your news @david watt and thanks for sharing your photo, always nice to put a face to the name. May things continue to go well for you, love D :x::x::x::x:

Bear G

Hey @david watt
Can we change the title of your thread to something like โ€˜preparing for the worst but it turned out goodโ€™?
:x::x:

Sparrow

Hey @david watt, great picture of you looking cool as a cucumber during immunotherapy! Love the shades.
Yay for stable... Long may it continue! Love and hugs :x::x::x:

1234annie

Great News @david watt . You'll hate me for saying but you look amazingly well in your photo. ๐Ÿ˜Š well done. I think diet plays a huge role in how out bodies respond and feel. Great news Annie :x: :x: :x: :x:

david watt

Thanks for all your kind words, this disease makes us all very nervous and stressed not knowing what is going to happen next.
Even when people recover from cancer I am not sure they are ever the same again. It's one thing in life you are never prepared for or taught how to deal with a terminal diagnosis, especially in your 30s. I guess life is like the lottery, some people are lucky, others are not. Still hoping everyday I am one of the lucky ๐Ÿ€ people.

chris61

Hi @david watt. Wonderful to hear your scan was stable. Wishing you all the best.

Mistyalpine

Good news.. ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

OFJ

Great news about your scan @david watt :) :x::x::x:

Mum37

@david watt know exactly what you mean. I'm 37 and certainly would rather not be on this train. I think it's my dodgy genes but not much I can do about them now. Glad scan was positive. Good luck with rest of treatment. :x::x:

KatieR

Im a terrible worrier..... @david watt I used to be physically ill prior to exams or presentations
Every Hospital or Doctors appointments I would Think and Plan and imagine and worry ..worry ..worry
All night I would lie awake my brain just would not turn off ...
Then I turned the Tv on randomly Paul Scofield was interviewing an Irish man called Padraig Oโ€™Morain and he was an expert in Mindfulness
The interview is still around just google Paul Schofield interview with Padraig Oโ€™Morain
I am not easily impressed by quacks etc
But this man literally changed the way I think and feel about life and stuff he helped me realise that worrying does not help or change what lies ahead
Cath :x::x:

Baxter2

I tried to google this @KatieR but couldn't find it?

K๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’šโค๏ธ

KatieR

Sorry !! @Baxter its Phillip Schofield ...Another Senior moment there Sorry ....If you google ITV. ....This Morning ...then put Padraig Oโ€™Morain...in the little search box it comes up
He also has his own site which is just his name
Cath. :x::x:

Baxter2

Ahh. Thank you for that @KatieR, I'll take a wee look now :x::x::x::x::x: