Decembeard

Life with bowel cancer

suze

Photo Album

We can share photos in this thread. And these 2 posts show how I usually do it, but if you scroll to Angel at post number 6 it turns out that there is a much easier way ;D ;D ;D

In order to share photos on this forum you have to have them hosted somewhere else on the internet.

e.g.
1. a blog
2. facebook
3. photobucket (clicky)

1. You could set up a blog and just use it to store your photos

2. I wouldn't advise getting tangled in facebook if you're not already doing it, but I like it so that's my usual uploading option

3. Photobucket is not the only photo sharing site, but I recommend it because it is easy to use in this context.

photobucket (clicky)

wikey

Test

wikey

Gypsy

Stick to the bike, @wikey, it's much safer!!

wikey

No problem
, too old to start stuff like that!!

Dan-888

Still having the same issue here ...

wikey

What size file?

Dan-888

Mount Everest

Dan-888

Tiger's Nest Monastery, Bhutan

wikey

Great pics Dan

HappyAtom

This is a Tui, one of our native birds. They mimic noises around them, and have a double voice box. When I moved into my first home here, I thought there was a child playing with an R2D2 toy - nope, it was a tui. And another time there was a loud screech of brakes and I waited for the impact - nope, another Tui.

charleyb

What a stunning photo!!

Gypsy

Fabulous bird!

wikey

Nice

Dan-888
Quote from @HappyAtom:
This is a Tui, one of our native birds.

Wow!!! Must be wonderful to have such an entertainer!
The noisest yet nice for us, is a Blackbird.
But we also get crows, parakeets who screech! As well as Starlings, Robins, cooing wood pidgeons.

Quote from @wikey:
Great pics Dan

Thanks, Mikey!

HappyAtom

@charleyb thanks. @Dan-888, we have many birds not found elsewhere, like the kiwi, the kakapo and kakarikis. We also have a few that got here from elsewhere, including lorikeets from across the Tasman, the ubiquitous sparrows, blackbirds and starlings, what we call Ruru (Morepork) and also wood pigeons, or kereru as they are known here. In the uk they were pests, here they are protected.

Dan-888

Wow! I do think you are so very lucky in NZ @HappyAtom !
I'm not fond of the bright greem parakeets that swam around, because of their horrible screeching noises and which they sound so very frequently and loudly.
And they do fly very fast too.
I wish I did not get bad thoughts when they crowd out the other bird song.

Dan-888

:D:D:D @HappyAtom
What on earth is he doing?!!

jandals

Was really surprised to see a kowhai tree in flower at my local bus stop in Stockwell (London) a few months ago! No tui in sight though...