Life with bowel cancer

Baxter2

The Edinburgh Marathon Festival!

Well............We’ve just signed up and opened a justgiving page to raise funds for Beating Bowel Cancer /Bowel Cancer UK. My three boys are running the 10k and my friend and I are walking the 5k on Saturday 26th May. I just wanted to give something back as this forum has been my lifeline for so long. I’m looking forward to the training in an effort to increase my fitness. Power walking is my aim but a gentle walk will do too I guess! Wish me luck! 🤞(tagging @"Sarah-support and information" @RosemaryA and @Charlotte Nurse Advisor for information)

Liriodendron345

Brilliant achievement @Baxter2, - very well done 😀😀😀😀, Kim :x::x::x:

DMR700

Well done @Baxter2 ! Great achievement. Hope you’re enjoying a well earned glass of fizz :x::x:

Bridget55

Thank you @Baxter2 for everything you do on the forum for us and for continuing to raise awareness for bowel cancer and raising this fantastic amount. Well done.
Hugs Bridget :x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you for your lovely comments @Lynette. I've certainly faced a few challenges over the last 2years and 9 months since diagnosis like all of us have! I've been a little quiet on the forum over the last week or so due to a family bereavement but I'm feeling much stronger again! Yesterday lifted my spirits so much as do all of my forum friends! Thank you! ❤️X

Thank you @Liriodendron345 my no. 1 chemo buddy! Love and thanks to you for all your support! ❤️X

Thank you @DMR700 Believe it or not, Gillian was well equipped with a cool bag, two plastic glasses and two little bottles of fizz which we enjoyed on our way back in the car! 😉❤️X

Thank you @Bridget55 I don't know what I'd do without all the mutual support we all readily give on the forum. It's certainly been my lifeline! Hope to meet you next month at Penny Brohn! ❤️Xx

Love to all and hope everyone had a lovely sunny day!

Karen 💛💜💚💙❤️

Jane39

An amazing achievement @Baxter2 . An inspiration and fabulous amount of money raised. Thank you for all your support . Hope you have a rested relaxing day planned , Jane :x::x:

penjay1902

Well done. What a fantastic achievement. I often read your supportive and encouraging comments on this forum - so inspiring. :x:

Baxter2

Thank you @Jane39 😘

I have another busy week ahead of my brothers funeral on Friday and making a start to winding up his estate. (Looks like a big job!)

I'm feeling much stronger though and will be supporting my young niece and nephew with it all. I'm sure by the end of the week, I'll be able to relax a good bit and get on with my knitting projects for the two little grand babies due very soon! ❤️

Hope you have a lovely sunny day!

Lots of love,

Karen 💛💜💚💙❤️

Baxter2

Oh thank you @penjay1902

That's very kind of you! I hope things are ok with you?

Lots of love,

K💛💜💚💙❤️

Ally13

Fantastic achievement @Baxter2 Hope you have a good rest today!
:x::x:

Elmac

So sorry to hear about the loss of your brother @Baxter2 - were you close, was it sudden?

My elder sister died just before Christmas from a massive cerebral haemorrhage - she was in the swimming pool, stood up, said "Oh my head" - her friend who was with her said she thought she should get out of the pool, but typically my sister said she wanted to finish the lap! - they called an ambulance and by the time she got to the hospital the scans showed a massive bleed - she died 6 days later having waited for her two sons to arrive from Australia. We miss her dreadfully, but I'm very glad that she is not around to have to share this cancer trip with me. She and two of my Aunts died last December and I thought that was the end of a bad year, only to find myself diagnosed with cancer in March this year!

What are you knitting? I'm a knitter too and started knitting again 7 years ago when my grand-daughter was born, - when we meet up in Scotland later this year, will have to bring our current knitting project to Loch Levine's larder! Are these your first grand children and when are they due?

Don't work too hard Karen - you don't want any set backs

Elaine

laylib

@Baxter2 ,you are such an inspiration for everyone on here....many congratulations on your achievement they obviously threw away the mould when you came into this life..your positivity is so uplifting to us all whether it be patient or relative :x::x:

mem

Huge well-done @Baxter2 and a fantastic amount raised too!!! You're a star lovely lady 💕:x::x::x:

CD1966

Amazing stuff @Baxter2 !

Gypsy

Well done! Brilliant lovely photos of you all!
:x::x::x:

brighty08

Fantastic @Baxter2. It’s blooming amazing what you’ve achieved! Hope you’re treating yourself this evening and having a good time!! :x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @Elmac

We weren't that close but spoke on the phone every day. The death was very sudden. I'm coming to terms with it more now and just trying to support my mum and his son and daughter as best I can just now. I'm sorry to hear of your bereavements too. As if having cancer didn't give us quite enough to worry about huh?!

I'm not really much of a knitter but have done two blankets and 3 little cardigans which I'm quite proud of! I'm very m7ch look8ng forward to a coffee with you one of these days at Loch Levens Larder!

Lots of l9ve,

K💛💜💚💙❤️

Baxter2

Hi @laylib Thank you for the compliment. I sincerely hope Kenny is showing more signs of improvement today?

Thank you to @mem @CD1966 @Gypsy and @brighty08

You're all so kind!

Loads of love,

Kk💛💜💚💙❤️

Baxter2

Thank you @"Sarah-support and information"

I'm over the moon that we managed to raise £3,420.00 (including gift aid) and I did feel quite elated that I managed the walk. It wasn't easy going uphill for half of it!!

Karen 💜💙💛💚❤️