Stage 4 bowel cancer

Bridget55

Update post CT scan post HIPEC and general update - not the news I was hoping for. Plan for 3 months chemo

On a positive note I've had a very healthy 12 months not on any medication. I've had 2 clear surveillance scan results since HIPEC. I went back to work part time which I have no regrets. Best thing I did to help resume normality. The psychology course I did since January at the hospital was absolutely brilliant and have built up my emotional resilience. Just in time for Wham yesterday Friday 13th. The CA19-9 marker has shot through the roof to over 1000. CT Scan is showing evidence of mesenteric nodal disease as well as 2 separate peritoneal deposits, quite small.

The likely treatment path is PET scan followed by systemic chemo. I know there is another journey to go on and it will be hard. Christies have their MDT Monday so I will hear more then.

Not the news I wanted but we all are living with uncertainty. I know I have had the best treatment options available to me both physically and mentally.

I have been on loads of holidays especially in the last 3 months, the Alps, Malta and the Greek islands and Athens and had a blast.

I will quit work with no regrets and focus on energies to fight this next chapter. My key goal is to be healthy for my nieces wedding on 7th July and my sister's 60th in August.

Goes without saying the forum has supported me through the highs and lows which is invaluable.

Will update on next steps as they evolve.

I'm keeping fit and healthy. Doing the first leg of the Pennine Way tomorrow with friends.

Much love Bridget :x::x:

GD62

Marvellous @Bridget55 knew you would get sorted.......good luck :x::x::x:

CD1966

I'm sending positive thoughts your way @Bridget55 - you sound like an exceptionally strong lady who will kick this into touch!

springer michelle

Sorry to here this setback @Bridget55 but you will soon get back into the swing of che.o again and kiss some more arse. Thinking of you :x:

Bridget55
Quote from @GD62:
Marvellous @Bridget55 knew you would get sorted.......good luck

Thanks @GD62 ..looka like your day 1 chemo has gone well. :x:

Bridget55
Quote from @springer michelle:
Sorry to here this setback @Bridget55 but you will soon get back into the swing of che.o again and kiss some more arse. Thinking of you

Thanks @springer michelle hope you are continuing to do well. :x:

Bridget55
Quote from @CD1966:
I'm sending positive thoughts your way @Bridget55 - you sound like an exceptionally strong lady who will kick this into touch!

Hope so @CD1966. Will give it my best shot ! Hope you are doing well. :x:

GD62

Hi @Bridget55

Thanks for the message! Yes to some extent like all these situations it's a mixed bag realising your working life is coming to a wind down, but like you and I know that cancer makes us practical as well as spiritual, so we need to spend more quality times with our nearest and dearest.

While like you doing voluntary work is another positive and I have had my DBS/CRB check done so will be working with a local charity more with sick and homeless. I do it as it's only ten minutes walk from the house.

All the best :x::x::x:

Bridget55
Quote from @GD62:
Hi @Bridget55

Thanks for the message! Yes to some extent like all these situations it's a mixed bag realising your working life is coming to a wind down, but like you and I know that cancer makes us practical as well as spiritual, so we need to spend more quality times with our nearest and dearest.

While like you doing voluntary work is another positive and I have had my DBS/CRB check done so will be working with a local charity more with sick and homeless. I do it as it's only ten minutes walk from the hous

All the best

Feel like we are leading parallel lives. .. same age too. I’m 56 in May being a 62 baby. I hope to continue with. The Rainbows hospice work anD National Trust work, the latter I can walk to work through the trees and nature, swapping for a 45 min commute! Go for it as you always do and enjoy :x:

GD62

Oh @Bridget55 I’m June 62 spooky 😊

Sparrow

@Bridget55, I'm so sorry to hear about your new spread to nodes and peritoneum, especially after going through such major surgery and HIPEC... Wishing you the very best of luck with your new chemo and I'm so happy that you have had such great trips to the Mediterranean in the last year.. Happy memories!
Also very exciting having your nieces wedding and your sister's 60th birthday to look forward to!
Wishing you loads of love and hugs :x::x::x:

Bear G

Hi @Bridget55
So sorry I missed this thread, I’d been looking for your update!
Really sorry to hear this update but as you said, you’ve done great things over the past 12 months and your positivity towards what’s coming is nothing short of amazing.
3 months chemo - bring it on! You’ll breeze it 😎
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

GD62

Hello @Bridget55

@Bear G is so right you'll breeze this too :x::x::x:

Bridget55
Quote from @Bear G:
Hi @Bridget55
So sorry I missed this thread, I’d been looking for your update!
Really sorry to hear this update but as you said, you’ve done great things over the past 12 months and your positivity towards what’s coming is nothing short of amazing.
3 months chemo - bring it on! You’ll breeze it 😎
Big hugs
Bear

Thanks @Bear G. Appt 2nd May Christies to get the plan started. Walking in the Lakes in the meantime this weekend :x::x:

Bridget55
Quote from @GD62:
Hello @Bridget55

@Bear G is so right you'll breeze this too

Not so sure about that @GD62 but least know what's ahead of me! Be keen to get this plan started now. :x:

Bear G

Brilliant plan for the weekend @Bridget55 , enjoy!
:x::x:

eyeofthetiger

@Bridget55 Sorry to hear about the results of the scan but good that they have a plan and chemo is starting soon to blast those beasties. Enjoy your weekend walking in the Lakes. You certainly have picked the right weekend for the weather. whenever I've visited the Lakes ts poured down! :x::x::x:

Sandy10

Hi @Bridget55. Sorry for delay responding, I’m on holiday (think you would approve of that! ). So sorry to read your news, not what you wanted to hear. Sending positive vibes and a hug 🤗 :x::x:

Bridget55

Hi @eyeofthetiger and @Sandy10. Thank you for your positive wishes. I was hoping to have another clear scan after HIPEC but sadly not. Glad you are on hols @Sandy10 and @ eyeofthetiger and @Bear G had an amazing day in the hills with friends. More tomorrow. Xxx enjoy this sunny weather :x::x:

kim74

Hi Bridget55 I am so sorry to hear your news, good to see you are going into this with a positive way, I have just put in for finishing work and it is such a relief just want to concentrate on my treatment and really don't need the asking to have time off for treatment I feel I couldn't do my job properly and that would be to stressful. Wishing you all the best.
Kim :x::x: