Positives & Negatives of having had cancer
Thought I would share my thoughts and would love to hear about everyone else's experiences.
Benefits of having had cancer
1. My skin tans easier due to the chemo I think!
2. I now do not take life for granted.
3. I'm working part time & loving it.
4. I know who's real in my life.
5. It's made me and hubby stronger than ever.
6. I am less scared about things.
7. I have made long life friends.
8. I am now content with my life.
9. I'm a more patient person.
10. I'm grateful to be alive.
11. I don't feel guilty about resting.
12. I know I am loved.
13. I have seen first hand how strong and resilient my kids are and couldn't be prouder of them.
14. I can accept help.
Negatives to having had cancer.
1. I suffer with anxiety
2. I have erratic bowel control
3. My immune system is compromised
4. I lost a year of my life and still struggling 2 years later.
5. My skin is still recovering from the chemo.
6. I get tired if I overdo it.
7. I seem to catch everything going.
8. I instantly think any ache or pain is the cancer returning.
9. I've lost some of the great friends I made during the journey.
10. It's mentally affected some of my family.
I'm forever adding to the list, it helps me keep things in perspective.