Life with bowel cancer

ElaineG

Scanxiey

My husband had a CT Scan last week and we are going to find the results tomorrow. We are both in such a state tonight. His rectal tumour recurred in January with spread to lymph nodes in his groin. We are terrified that there may have been further spread, he has had 4 rounds of chemo so far. He is imagining strange sensations around his waist area and thinks he has lumps in his penis!! Is it even possible for bowel cancer to travel to that area I wonder? Any words of wisdom and encouragement will be great fully received. I just want to be the other side of the appointment just hoping and praying there's no more bad news. To top it all we have been married 40 years today but sadly have not felt like celebrating what should have been a happy day if cancer hadn't entered our life.
Elaine :x::x:

Polly 1

Hi @ElaineG all the best for today. The waiting is awful isnt it - I hope your husband gets some good results and you are able to celebrate :x:

Rach

@ElaineG wishing you all the best for today’s results :x::x::x:

charleyb

Wishing you tons of luck, heres hoping for a good result :x::x:

Lizalou

Thinking of you today @ElaineG

And congratulations on your 40th .....just promise yourselves that you will treat yourselves at any time, and celebrate whenever you both feel like it.

I spent our 25th having my 1st operation and woke up with an ileostomy. But since then we have had numerous days out and holidays. We drop everything if we get the opportunity for a trip or to see the family. Much better than saving up celebrations for one day a year. :x:

ElaineG

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and good wishes. :x::x:

terri m

Hi elaine. Thinking of you and your husband.. Fingers crossed 🤞:x::x::x::x:

ElaineG

So we’ve less than an hour to the appointment. Had a walk to the park in the sunshine this morning to try to feel ‘normal’ and distract ourselves. Fingers crossed all will be well :x::x:

KarenE

@ElaineG Best wishes for your husbands results. :x::x:

ElaineG

Well we got through the oncology appointment and thankfully it was quite positive. The rectal tumour and nodes have shrunk considerably. Chris will have 2 more chemo sessions then a 3 week break before PET and MRI scans. So our anxiety levels have dropped considerably. Appointment next Monday with our consultant at The Christie. So as they say ‘onward and upward’
Best wishes to all :x::x:

Clancy

Hi @ElaineG, glad you are both feeling a little better about it all. I too am at the Christie next Monday, you never know, we could be sat next to each other. Take care.:x::x:

Polly 1

Hi @ElaineG glad you got some good results at your meeting 😁

Globerry

Hi @ElainG thinking of you today everything crossed for good results :x::x:

HH79

Fantastic!! @ElaineG :x::x:

KatieR

@ElaineG Good news I do hope you celebrated your Anniversary
Cath..:x::x:

ElaineG

We’re there next Monday morning to see our consultant too. xx

Quote from @Clancy:
Hi @ElaineG, glad you are both feeling a little better about it all. I too am at the Christie next Monday, you never know, we could be sat next to each other. Take care.

Baxter2

Great news @ElaineG !

Hope your consultation next Monday is equally positive!

Sending love and best wishes,

K💚💙💜💛❤️

ElaineG

Thanks @Baxter2 trying to keep upbeat. Chris had his 5th round of chemo at Christies today. He’s looking pale & tired but good news that his white cell count and calcium levels were good👍

Quote from @Baxter2:
Great news @ElaineG !

Hope your consultation next Monday is equally positive!

Sending love and best wishes,

K💚💙💜💛❤️

Baxter2

Excellent news! I had chemo today too and also have the ‘ peely wally’ look 🤪.!

Sending lots of love,

K💚💙💜💛❤️