Life beyond bowel cancer

DianeS

Bowel lining injection

Hi just wondered if anyone can offer any advice following my bowel surgeon checknup today. I’m having my colonoscopy in June and then the surgeon had suggested having an injection that will lift the bowel lining as mine has dropped following resection. Has anyone else had this please? Love D :x::x:

Lizalou

Hi @DianeS

Hope your appointment goes well today. Can I be nosy and ask about a 'dropped bowel'? How did you know? Does it cause issues? Could I have one and not even know? Would a single injection fix it or would it need regular treatment?

There is a lot to learn in this bowel cancer game!

:x::x:

DianeS

Hi @Lizalou always find the subject embarrassing but I felt like my bottom was never 100% clean after going to the loo. I mentioned it to my surgeon yesterday and he said it’s because the lining of the bowel has dropped. One single injection will cure it as whatever they inject lifts it back up. Amazing isn’t it. It isn’t causing any pain just distress. Love D :x::x::x::x::x:

Lizalou

Thanks for the info @DianeS.....where else could we mention such things! Certainly not over coffee in Costa!

Now you have explained, I can understand exactly what you mean and it sounds as if an injection would certainly be worth a try.

Since we are confessing all, I have a similar problem, but only 50% of the time and it definitely depends on my diet (which I don't worry too much about)

But you have relieved another anxiety for me. It has occurred to me that as I get older and everything starts to droop (well it already does!) will I become incontinent? Well, good to know that an injection is possible.

Thanks again and good luck today. :x::x:

Clancy

@DianeS, you have posted this at the right time, I too have these symptoms and I am paranoid about cleanliness. I wonder if it is like Botox injection? Please do let us know, I am going to do some research. Thankyou.:x::x:

DianeS

Hi @Clancy maybe more of us have this than like to say. Apparently it’s the lining that we are trying to clean that’s why it’s so difficult. I’ve got to have my colonoscopy in June first and then back to the surgeon, but he said it’s completely pain free, takes a few minutes, and no side effects. Will keep you posted. Like you I have become paranoid with it so will be glad when it’s done :x::x::x::x:

Kareno62

Hi @DianeS. Just wondered if you ever had this done? Sorry if that sounds nosey! :x:

Forum user

My mum at 80 had this done not 're bowel cancer but ulcerative colitis. Did the trick . Tho don't no what was in injection :x:

DianeS

I haven’t yet @Kareno62 the surgeon wanted me to wait until after my colonoscopy so just waiting for an appointment now, thinknhe is on holiday at the mo. Will let you know after I’ve had it done. :x::x::x::x::x:

DianeS

Thanks for letting me know @Gg k must Dmit I’ve never heard of it :x::x::x:

Kareno62

Thanks @DianeS and great news about your results :x:

Ianharpo

How interesting....I have this issue and currently am responsible for Andrex’s big profits this last couple of years with the amount of moist wipes I go through!! Any further update? Has anyone had this injection?

1234annie
Quote from @DianeS:
Hi @Lizalou always find the subject embarrassing but I felt like my bottom was never 100% clean after going to the loo. I mentioned it to my surgeon yesterday and he said it’s because the lining of the bowel has dropped. One single injection will cure it as whatever they inject lifts it back up. Amazing isn’t it. It isn’t causing any pain just distress. Love D

Mine is like This!! I will ask my consultant tomorrow. Thank u for sharing :x: :x:

Ianharpo

Anyone had this done then?

Chas

Hi @DianeS I’d be interested in the procedure you receive - cleanliness a major problem for me. My consultant says it’s due to how low thevsurgery point was. As yet no suggested remedy.

DianeS

Hi @Chas I had my procedure and I’m so disappointed as it hasn’t remedied anything at all. I will be seeing my surgeon in the NYand will mention that there hasn’t been any improvement :x::x:

george1960

Perhaps it's like Botox of the bum makes things tighter again
Could be completely wrong if so sorry.

Good luck

:x::x: