Relatives and friends

Sophie

A whole year on!

So this time last year I got a call off my mum saying I had to take my uncle to A+E as he was so poorly. And that's where this crazy journey started! I really don't know where the time has gone if I'm honest!

When he was diagnosed with cancer I naively thought 'we will have a bit of chemo and it will all be dandy' 😂 oh how wrong was I! Chemo was okayish with some fair side effects. Then had the horrible time in November when he had another blockage, twisted bowel and heart failure. Worst morning of my life when we were asked to come and say goodbye! Luckily somehow pulled through and was ok. I can't believe how innocent I was not realising how things can go from being ok one day to absolutely horrendous the next.

The anxiety I have suffered through this year and continue to suffer is absolutely indescribable! Luckily getting through it now with various techniques and support.

In terms of uncle Charlie .. he's doing ok! Gradually regaining strength but still suffering from effects from chemo. Mainly pins and needles in the hands and feet. He also has a pain in his back which is causing me worry but I'm really trying to reason this out ! It could be anything.

We could not be more grateful for every professional that has been involved with his care. I know people that haven't had a great experience in regards of staff but I can honestly say from chemo nurses, surgeons to oncologists - they have all been truly magnificent.

I would like to thank you all for your absolutely invaluable support. I always had somewhere to turn to on the bad days and the good.

I'm still keeping up with everyone and hope you are all as well as can be ! :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Lovely to read your update @Sophie and glad that both you and your uncle are doing well!

K💙💜💛💚❤️

Lizalou

Best wishes to you and your family @Sophie and best wishes to Uncle Charlie. Hopefully you will soon be able to move on to the next part of the journey.....gaining strength and starting to do fun stuff. That's the best part!
:x::x:

Clancy

Hi @Sophie, lovely to hear from you, and pleased that Uncle Charlie is doing so well, he is one tough cookie. Take care.:x::x:

GD62

Hi @Sophie great heads up on your journey and all the very best to you uncle Charlie.......... hugs and positive healing :x::x::x: