Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

Jim3rg

Capecitabine trip so far

Hello all you good people, I am now on day 5 of the Capecitabine trail, nothing to report on the side effects. I had some diarrhea last weekend but this started before my first dose, so probably due to something I ate. A quick call to the helpline to. make sure it was ok to take imodium followed by one dose, took care of it.

I have had aching feet the last couple of. nights and I have made a note of it in the diary, however this could just be due to me being in my feet most of the day.

I know its early days, but just thought I would report in.

Take care folks

Jim

Jim3rg

MRI all done, took half an hour but I was so relaxed I almost fell asleep what with the realxing music playing through the headphones. Results of MRI and Xray will be ready next week.

Hope you all are doing ok.

Jim

AlanH

hoping MRI scan all clear @Jim3rg, good that you get the results next week πŸ‘πŸ» let us know how things are 🀞🏻

Jim3rg

Thanks @AlanH Inhope things are going well for you.

Jim

bettebette

Best wishes for your MRI results @Jim3rg

Jim3rg

MRI resutls and xray were clear. I also had my last visit to the chemo unit. I collected my Capecitabine which is a lower dose because of the side effects last couple of weeks, and came home after thanking all the staff. Feeling pretty good abour my last visit but in a way i will miss the place.

take care guys and keep your chin up.

Jim

Elmac

Glad to hear @Jim3rg that you can now see the light at the end of the tunnel and your chemo trip will soon be over. You will feel so much better in a couple of months time! Glad to here the MRI and Xray were clear. Onwards and upwards!
Elaine

AlanH

that is fantastic news @Jim3rg, I am so pleased for you πŸ˜„πŸ‘πŸ», I get my results next Friday for my first six month CT scan to check for any spread or abnormalities. We have to keep in touch just to check in with each other, do you have WhatsApp? we could message any time we feel, @Elmac you might be interested in this?

Jim3rg

thanks @Elamc @AlanH
They have a wee cupboard with a mural inside, on the inside of one door they have a blackboard where you can write a slogan, on the other door you chose symbols to represent your future. Once you do this, they take your photo once you have ended your chemo unit appointments.
I chose friends and family support and wrote on the blackboard 'Beating cancer one day at a time.
I think its a nice way of marking your progress.
Good luck Alan hope things go well for you.

Jim

AlanH

@Jim3rg @Elmac I saw my consultant for the results of my first 6 month post operative CT scan - no spread πŸ’ͺ🏻 1 down 9 to go - relieved and back again in March for colonoscopy, blood tests, CT scan. Can live a bit now, the guillotine hanging over my head can be put away for a bit 😎 hope you both okay and to anyone else reading this πŸ‘πŸ»

Jim3rg

@AlanH Awesome news, I am getting discharged from the oncology department tomorrow when I see the oncologist, referred back to the colorectal nurse. She will sort my first scan and colonoscopy for March next year.

Take care and keep up the good progress :).

JIm

Catlover

Awesome news !

bettebette

Great news for you both @AlanH and @Jim3rg 😊 very best wishes to both of you πŸ‘πŸ» 😁

chris61

Hi @Jim3rg Good to hear things are progressing well. :)

Jim3rg

JUst thought I would let you all know that I just took my last dose of Capecitabine. I am so happy right now, its been a long 6 months and I have had my share of side effects but nothing that couldnt be sorted.

I want to say to anyone else on chemo at the moment, best of luck to you all and you can do it. Beating Cancer one day at a time.

Jim

chris61

Isn't it a great feeling to finally reach that milestone @Jim3rg . Hope everything continues to go well for you. Best wishes. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Jim3rg

@chris61 feels brilliant.

Jim

penjay1902

Well done @Jim.:x:

Jim3rg

@penjay1902 Thank you very much.

Hope everything is going ok for you.

Jim

penjay1902

Thanks @Jim3rg . Playing the waiting game at the moment. Another Pet scan tomorrow and hopefully will know what next stage will be sometime next week. No doubt I will be on here looking for advice. Best wishes. :x:

Elmac

Hi @Jim3rg - glad to hear that you have now finished your Capecitabine and you should start to feel a lot better within the next few weeks. it is now 3 months since they stopped mine because of the adverse reactions I was having. I am due to have my first CT scan on Tuesday, but said it could take up to 4 weeks to get the results.
Elaine