General Discussion

laylib

Update!!

Where do I start !! Kenny had his low rectal cancer removed on Tuesday,he was given a temporary ileostomy...Wednesday was in a lot of pain but managed to get it under control....yesterday violently sick with bile so given nasal tube to drain it.....felt much better last night..i phoned this morning (Friday) & HMU said he had a good night & nurses were really pleased with him so thought he might be going to general ward....1 hr later phone call to say he needed emergency surgery! His resection join was leaking so after 3 hrs in surgery he now has a Colostomy & ileostomy as his pelvic area was badly contaminated...he was 4 hrs in recovery trying to get his BP back up....he is now in Intensive Care ,very unwell & fighting Sepsis! My whole world has been turned upside down,I’m praying he’s ok

Yvonne :x::x::x:

GD62

Hi @laylib positive healing and a speedy recovery :x:

Clancy

@laylib, sending everything positive to you. And big hugs.:x::x:

laylib

Thanks again for all your thoughts & prayers for Kenny....there is a very very slight improvement...still critically ill but hopefully going in the right direction...they have taken away his main line into his heart,his BP isn’t being supported any longer by the machine & he’s started to produce urine......still on the ventilator but they keep trying to let him breathe on his own for a little while...tiny steps ,taking one day at a time but at least he’s still here ....thanking you all again for your positivity

Yvonne :x::x:

OFJ

So pleased to read your update on Kenny, thinking of you both and sending love and positive healing wishes :x::x::x:

Clancy

@laylib, thanks for letting us know Kenny's update, looks like they are weaning him off the blood pressure support drugs and urine output is good news. You must be totally exhausted. Sending love.:x::x:

Catlover

@laylib one step forward is some good news. Thinking of you
Lots of love Caroline :x::x::x:

Globerry

Hi @laylib thinking about you sending love and prayers :x::x::x:

Jane39

@laylib . Sending positive thoughts. Little steps is good :x::x:

Gill1111

Great news. Baby steps but right direction x

Quote from @laylib:
Thanks again for all your thoughts & prayers for Kenny....there is a very very slight improvement...still critically ill but hopefully going in the right direction...they have taken away his main line into his heart,his BP isn’t being supported any longer by the machine & he’s started to produce urine......still on the ventilator but they keep trying to let him breathe on his own for a little while...tiny steps ,taking one day at a time but at least he’s still here ....thanking you all again for your positivity

Yvonne

Lizalou

@laylib .Thinking of you both, praying for a little more improvement today. Yvonne, look after yourself, lots of hugs :x::x:

mandajayne

little steps forward are a positive.. keep going :x::x::x:

KatieR

I am shocked to read your latest news and hope and pray that Kenny continues to rally round and that you stay strong and well to care for him
Cath :x::x:

Baxter2

Sending you both all my love and very best wishes for a full recovery @laylib. As you say, there's small progress in the right direction. I hope that continues into today and beyond.

Karen💛💙💜💚❤️

Lynne0426

@laylib Thinking of you both too and looking forward to hearing he's still improving. Even if baby steps any improvement has to be good. Lynne :x::x::x:

hjb

Hi Yvonne. So relieved to hear Kenny has improved slightly and praying it will continue in the coming days. Howard :x::x:

Lizalou

Still praying for some good news for you, Yvonne :x::x:

Clancy

@laylib, prayers and love to you both.:x::x:

Jenny101

@laylib - tiny steps but going in the right direction. Thinking of you and hoping things continue to improve.
Love Jenny
:x::x:

laylib

@Jenny101...how is Neil getting on,hopefully improving everyday..

Yvonne :x::x:

Jenny101

@laylib - Neil was very unwell initially and in a lot of pain from all the gas they pump into you during the op. His stoma was slow to get going but finally seems to have kicked into action and he’s feeling much better and can now eat, although only in small amounts. He really can’t afford to lose any more weight so I’m trying to feed him up! His sense of taste was all wrong initially which didn’t help matters but slowly seems to be returning.

He even managed a couple of lagers yesterday so must be on the mend!

Love to you and Kenny. Keep us posted.

Jenny
:x::x: