Watch and wait
The radiologist found it difficult to see any signs of disease on my latest scan, and says that at worst everything is stable. I discussed 'watch and wait' with the oncologist and we decided that if the next scan, in 12 weeks, also appeared to be 'clear' he will sit down with the radiologist and go through it in detail, then take my case to the MDT with a view to going on 'watch and wait' then. Although I know that it will eventually come back, and get me, this is all so different to the original prognosis on reoccurrence in November 2016 when all looked dire, and I am finding it difficult to process. And it has all been on bog standard treatment of irinotecan and capecitabine as I am RAS mutant. I think I would have to be off chemo for at least 12 weeks as apparently it is not advisable to scan to soon as it might be before there is anything to see. Any thoughts on this step?