Bowel cancer treatment and side effects

Trunky

NICE guidelines overview chart

Some of you may already be familiar with this.
It's a chart that you can click into to find out more information on the guidelines for treatment of colorectal cancer.
It's for clinicians, patients and carers.
I hope you find it useful.
pathways.nice.org.uk/...erview.xml&content=view-index

Baxter2

Thank you for posting this up to date NICE pathway @Trunky.

I'm sure it will prove useful for us all to refer to.

Hope all well with you?

K💛💜💙💚❤️

Trunky

Hi @Baxter2
I spent a day and a half in ITU and then the rest on ECU.
Made quite a quick initial recovery but the last 2 days were pretty challenging.
Ward was very hot, noisy and the food was pretty bad almost inedible.
I felt no matter what I needed to go home but a mixture of a high temperature and an elevated blood reading meant I stayed in an extra 2 days, however in the end I would have self discharged no matter what as I felt the environment was impacting so greatly on my health.
Anyhow here we are and I'm at home feeling stronger each day.
From my perspective the liver resection was a little bit tougher on me than the bowel resection but once again the pain management was faultless.
Overall Completely "doable".
The staff on ITU particularly were amazing.
Such dedication and focus over their 12 hour shifts left me in awe and very proud of our NHS.
They are certainly cut from some special cloth.
Thanks for asking. I hope all is well with you too :x:

Baxter2

Hi @Trunky,

I'm glad you're now over the worst and recovering well at home now! I felt my liver resection was a breeze compared with my initial hemicolectomy and certainly a walk in the park compared for my Cytoreductive surgery and HIPEC without a doubt. It's hard to compare cases and stories since we're all unique as is our individual cancers!

Recovering at home is just the best surrounded by all things familiar and own bed!

Hope your recovery continues to go well!

I'm doing fine thank you. Just building up to my 3 monthly scan next week which is always an anxious time for us all!

Take care!

K💛💜💙💚❤️

Trunky

Hi @Baxter2
Best wishes for the scan.
I think I will probably be on 3 monthly scans for a while going forward.
The last scans were particularly tough on my family and I know they will be with me every step on the future ones. I'm sure it's the same for you too. :x::x:

Baxter2

Thank you @Trunky 🤞🤞