Stage 4 bowel cancer

lorraine grant

Starting xelox chemo tomorrow but what of cannabis products (legal that is)

Has anyone every had or considered cannabinoid therapies to help deal with chemo and cancer? I was looking at the Little Hemp Shop online but not sure.

DMR700

Hi @lorraine grant I take CBD (1500mg 30%). I have had 5 rounds of FOLFIRI & Cetuximab and touch wood only minor side effects so far.. haven’t had a scan yet so not sure what’s happening with my cancer. So I can’t give any evidence and I do take a lot of supps so can’t be sure what if anything is helping but as long as something is working what the hell!! I know it has helped friends with pain management and anxiety. If you’re going to try it be sure to buy a quality product. Don’t bother with the H&B stuff it’s not strong enough to touch the sides for the likes of us!! :x::x:

lorraine grant

Excellent. Can I ask what you buy and from where? I think I’ll try anything and everything. I, not sure if I need a tablet, mist, oil or what the heck so please point me in the right direction. Cheers

DMR700

I buy the cbd paste from honestcbdco.com they are really helpful over the phone if you have any questions. I put it into pill capsules for ease as it’s difficult and unpleasant to put under the tongue due to viscosity. Just today I bought a vape also so I will let you know once I’ve tried it! You can’t take too much so you just start with a small amount and gradually increase. You shouldn’t get any high effects. I put approx a grain of rice size in each capsule and take 4 capsules per day, 1 at breakfast and 1 at lunch, 2 with dinner. Feel free to message me if I can be of any help! :x::x:

Tiffany

@lorraine grant

Hi there. Here are the official guidelines from Beating Bowel Cancer regarding the use of CBD products. Please note Cannabis is still illegal in the UK.

It is important to understand the difference between cannabis oil and CBD oil. CBD oil contains minimal amounts of the psychoactive tetrahydrocannabinol (THC). Concentrations of THC are far higher in cannabis oil, which is not legal in the UK.

The charity has recently sought an opinion from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency in regard to cannabidiol (CBD) oil, the key points of which are as follows:
The main point to consider is that CBD oil products being sold to treat illnesses are considered to be medicines and as such should be licensed as medicines to make sure they meet the appropriate manufacturing standards.

Currently in the UK there is only one licensed product containing CBD oil, Sativex, which is licensed for the treatment of MS in adults.

There have been a number of clinical trials which demonstrate that CBD has a therapeutic effect, particularly in the treatment of severe epilepsy.

MHRA is working to ensure products containing CBD, used for a medicinal purpose, which can be classified as medicines, satisfy the legal requirements of the Human Medicines Regulations 2012.

None of the above impacts on the legal status of cannabis on the UK: cannabis is a Class B drug and penalties are in force for possession, supply and distribution. This includes cannabis oil.

Essentially, therapeutic benefit cannot be claimed for any CBD oil product unless it is licensed by the MHRA. CBD oil products are now available in some health food stores and are legal because the concentration of the psychoactive tetrahydrocannabinol is very low. These products are marketed as food supplements and not medicines and do not make therapeutic claims.

There are reported benefits of using CBD oil but (other than the clinical trials referenced by the MHRA) these are largely anecdotal. As ever, the charity's position is that if you are considering using any alternative/complementary therapy alongside your prescribed treatment, you must consult with your medical team first.

Hope that's helps.
Tiffany :x:

at2017

I was on this chemo and found that cbd oil really helped with the side effects :x:

lorraine grant

Uoooo the little hemp shop? What did you buy might I ask?

Sean

Hey @lorraine Ive had great success with cbd and the soon to be LEGAL thc. Currently using cbd brothers white edition during the day, tho I prefer the blue.
Done a fair bit or research on interaction between capox and the oil's, doesn't appear to be anything negative out there.
Goodluck!