General Discussion

jinnyp

RIP My lovely dad

I didn’t know where to put this but need to write it down - I haven’t been on for a while because I've been spending a lot of time with dad.
He was diagnosed with Stage 3 bowel cancer 10 years ago almost to the day. Had chemo/radio and surgery then lung recurrence 4 years later. More surgery and Avastin and it knocked the bugger on the head. Had 4 more good clear years and then they found small cell lung cancer 18 months ago. Unfortunately it was very aggressive and despite more chemo and surgery it was too much.
Two weeks ago we were told that he had less than 6 months to live - he died in the early hours of Saturday morning very peacefully and he was ready to go.
RIP dad, I miss you more than I can express but it makes me more determined to beat this horrible disease if I have anything to do with it!! :x::x:

GD62

My deepest sympathies to you, your family and friends @jinnyp , so sorry such a sad thing to lose a Dad,and difficult time and sadness to lose any of our own on the forum. May he have eternal peace.

Hugs and prayers :x::x::x:

jinnyp

@Catlover, @Elmac @Lynette, @LABluebell, @mem, @Lizalou, @GD62, thank you all for your wise words and hugs and prayers, they really do help.
Love to you all and thank you for taking time to think of me in the midst of your own struggles :x::x::x::x:

Jim3rg

@jinnyp So sorry to hear of your loss, I lost my dad 10 years ago due to lung cancer and my older sister 8 months ago due to a sudden heart attack. Words can be difficult to find at times like this, so sending you my thoughts and hugs.

Jim

Hollyhock

So very sorry to hear this @jinnyp , I've lost my mum, dad and sister over the last few years. All taken to soon, especially my sister who was only 44 when she died of a brain tumour. It's so difficult to lose the people you would normally turn to when something tragic happens. Take extra good care of yourself over the next few weeks and months, grief is exhausting to the core, so be kind to yourself.
Sending you lots of love and strength :x::x::x:

jinnyp

Thank you @Jim3rg and @Hollyhock, it is hard - I lost my sister 6 years ago on Sunday to breast cancer aged 47 and my mum is also currently in remission from 3 different cancers - difficult times but it helps so much knowing that everyone here ‘gets it’!
Jane :x::x::x:

determinedjoan

So very sorry for your loss & for all that you & your family have been struggling with over the past years. Sending u my deepest sympathies, take good care of yourself :x:

OFJ

So sorry for your loss @jinnyp , sending love and gentle hugs :x::x::x:

HH79

I’m so sorry @jinnyp. Thinking of you. :x::x:

springer michelle

So sorry to hear this . My dad was taken almost 7 years ago and i still find it hard. His was so quick.. diagnosed in nov and died bowel cancer in june xx god bless

John2628

@jinnyp...so very sorry to hear your sad news. May dad rest in peace. This vicious disease in all its forms is long overdue for eradicating. Take care. :x::x:

Highkaren

@jinnyp ...sending lots of love :x::x::x::x::x:

Bridget55

Hi @jinnyp so sorry to hear your news. Sounds like you had a special relationship. My Dad was a farmer and had 3 daughters me being the youngest.. he even delivered me at the farm. He died of stomach cancer 9 years ago and miss him and Mum who i lost 4 years ago. Im just glad they have not had to see me suffer with this illness. Your Dad will be watching over you and taking good care of you and hopefully you can take some strength in that. Extra compassion and hugs to you right at this moment Bridget :x::x:

GD62

@Bridgett55 beautiful message :x:

Daffodil

Dear @jinnyp, thinking especially of you today, the first Father's Day without your dear dad. I know my son and daughter are feeling very fragile today too, as am I. I shall be taking a special bunch of flowers to his resting place today. My daughter has decided to concentrate on making it a special day for her family and they are going to a Fathers' Day BBQ at the cricket club. We each have to find our own way of coping.
I'd like to send love to everyone today who is missing a dear father, grandfather or husband on this significant day.
:x::x::x:

jinnyp

Oh you are such a lovely bunch of people, I haven't been on here for a couple of days and I have only just seen these messages.
Thank you @determinedjoan, @OFJ, @HH79, @springer michelle, @John2628 , @Highkaren for your kind thoughts.
@Bridget55 we did have a special relationship and were very close - he gave me strength and inspiration when he was alive and I'm sure will continue to do so; he was so stoical and brave through all of his treatments and I hope I can be as brave as he was with whatever the future brings. Thank you for your lovely words.
@Daffodil it means a lot that you are thinking of me today when your loss and grief are still so raw for you and your family, thank you.
Sending love to all today, for the men in our lives who we still have and those we have lost :x::x::x::x:

Swan

Sending love @jinnyp , and to everyone missing their dads today. :x::x:

Afraidboy

Oh I'm so sorry to see this. My love to you all :x:

kitti

Sorry I missed this whilst being in hospital, sending you all my love @jinnyp :x::x::x:

LWJ81

So sorry to hear your sad news @jinnyp. Think of you, big hugs :x::x::x::x: