Stage 4 bowel cancer

HH79

Penny Brohn Crew!

Hello!
Here we all are very relaxed post meditation :)
Left to right...‘Baxter 2’ Karen, ‘Bridget55’, ‘Mum37’ Tamara and me Helen HH79
Xx

Bridget55

Bridget55

WendySue

The photos are beautiful and the course sounds amazing. Glad you are all having a wonderful time at PB.
Wendy :x::x:

Bridget55

Morning walk with @Mum37 Tamara and myself

DianeS

So pleased you are all enjoying yourselves and more importantly getting great knowledge from the course. I would love to do the next one @springer michelle and anyone else who would like to go. Please share any nutrition recommendations love D :x::x::x::x:

DianeS

Meant to say lovely photos of you all, you all look absolutely fantastic :x::x::x::x:

Highkaren

So jealous, looks amazing....definitely need to be on the next one x have a fabulous time and look forward to hearing wha5 you learnt especially about boosting cancer attacking cells. :x::x::x:

Elmac

Yes, as @DianeS says please share any nutritional advice
Thanks and enjoy the rest of the sessions.

Baxter2

It certainly an amazing place and has been well worth the travel! If anyone fancies it I'd encourage you to get booking! The residential course we are currently on is for those living with advanced cancer. You need to do the courses in a specific order apparently. We're planning on booking our next one! Take a look at the website.

K💛💜💙💚❤️

tigercub
Quote from @HH79:
It’s just brilliant! So fab to meet friends made here. Food is fantastic! I am missing coffee. Beautiful retreat. The course today ran by two chaps and all about how we can help ourselves holistically mind/body/spirit. We had brilliant talk by a Doctor explaining how we can help boost the natural cancer attacking cells. Great nutrition talk. And so much about emotional resilience and all we can do to keep strong to help weather the tough times. This ‘living well’ course is aimed for those living with advanced cancer @springer michelle @DianeS but they do others for life after cancer etc. Tomorrow is all about mind / emotions/managing relationships etc. Totally made me think about only seeing and spending time with people who boost vs drain! Can’t rexommend enough. Emotional at times too as you would imagine. We all sit in lovely reclining chairs too! Fantastic.

Hi HH79 sounds very nice and something I would enjoy and benefit from so will keep looking on here future dates .might have convince hubby a bit but he usually does any thing to help me obviously.i wouldn't be able drive that distance thanks information

HH79

@Highkaren @DianeS @Elmac

Doctor showed vid of how bodies always have ‘odd’ cells that are cancer and our natural cancer killing cells attack them all the time. ‘bad cancer’ happens for all sorts of reasons as we know. Keeping our immune system strong helps us ‘battle’ bad cancer in tandem with chemo. It’s online :x::x:

Diet - usual stuff but basically avoiding processed / red meat / alcohol / caffeine. I said I can’t function without couple of coffees in morning and advised good coffee and full fat milk...full fat milk has more nutrients in than semi. Being mindful caffeine / too much re anxiety.
Plant based. Lots veg / fruit
Avoid sugar!!!!!
Avoid white ‘complex carbs’
Not because these things ‘cause cancer’ but not good for the body to process and about keeping blood sugar levels regulated.
@Baxter2 @Bridget55 @Mum37 think of anything else??

Again all online :x::x:

HH79

@tigercub yes he can join - couple carers here / mum joined me :x::x:

tigercub

Hi HH79.thanks think it might help him if there's other men he could maybe chat with .it's not his sort of thing really but getting this illness wasn't welcome by be and all of us .:x:

HH79

@tigercub yes two men run the course - I’m hoping my hubby would come
Is brilliantxx

tigercub

Hi HH79 hi he has never been keen for councilling nor me either but I have open mind d will go if think would help .don't want antidepressants sleeping pills ect take enough now. :x:

Wren17

Hi@HH79, looks beautiful and glad you are all having good time :x::x:

HH79

Thanks all was so lovely!!! We all did some good crying today and hoping to go together as a group on the next course, love to all :x::x:
Hope you’re both recovered soon @sophia & @Mum37
:x::x::x::x:

DianeS

Hi @HH79 I was looking at dates for the next course, if you all decide to go again please let me know as I would love to come too :x::x:

HH79

Hi @DianeS the course we went on is living Well with Advanced Cancer so for people on on going treatment / stage 4 etc and we are looking to go on ‘the approach’ but they do other courses eg life after cancer etc, what about getting couple together to go On that?? Lots of love :x::x: