Life beyond bowel cancer

Gg k

Ninth colonoscopy

I got my letter today for the pre op assessment for my 9th colonoscopy in 3 years. One routine one then 7 for the removal of 38 polyps ( not lynch not FAP or any as yet genetically determined polyposis). This 9th one is because number 8 wasn't completed 😓.
This year I will have had 2 colonoscopies about 4 months apart. Tho the worst between 2 and 3 was 3 months. Ive had 3 EMR procedures removing v large polyps - v painful 😓
I'm feeling a bit fed up and wondering if my remaining bowel ( right hemicolectomy)will ever forgive me and be able to digest more of a varied diet after so many bowel preps and procedures.
I guess I'm feeling sorry for myself and many on the forum are going thru much worse - just want to have a bit of a vent.
Sorry. :x:

Bear G

Hi @Gg k
I can imagine how you’re feeling and definitely the bowel prep is one of the most unpleasant parts of this whole cancer thing, but it’s great news that your team are being so thorough with you. By removing all these polyps diligently now it means you’ll be much better off going forwards. Hopefully 9 is the magic number!
Big hugs
Bear
:x::x:

Gg k

Thanks @Bear G .
I know I've got 2 to be removed that were left after the disasterous incomplete colonoscopy.
They are diligent but only after I refused to go 3 yrs after that because they hadnt accessed or read my notes from previous hospital and genetic report. Thats partly why im a bit fed up - always having to push for surveillance.
Bowel prep doesn't bother me much after right hemi it's all over pretty quick lol.
Thank you for your kind words.
I'm going to stop moaning and enjoy the sunshine.

Bear G

You’ve got a right to moan @Gg k and this is the best place to do it!
I’m sorry it’s taken some pushing to get them going but as you say, they’re doing you proud now.
Definitely enjoy the sunshine, every days a bonus, especially when it’s like this. I’m off for a cuppa in the garden 😎
Cheers

Gg k

Thanks @Bear G .
I'm enjoying a cheeky red wine on the balcony.
Take care :x: