When bowel cancer returns

Kate M

PET scan results in

PET scan shows hot spots and warm spots on my liver and some activity in my lung. Went to see the surgeon yesterday and now have to have an operation to put a scanner directly on the liver to find out exactly what the warm spots are - also to have biopsies taken. So it seems my November prognosis was probably correct and I don't understand why they didn't do a PET scan then. So 6 months wasted. If the warm spots are benign I can have a liver resection - if not then it is now inoperable. In 2016, prior to my cancer being diagnosed, I was in Canada and, whilst there, had Takotsubo cardiomyopathy (stress related heart failure) resulting in 7 days in intensive care and a 2 week delay in flying home. While in hospital a scan (don't know what scan - I was out of it) found a lesion in my liver. When I returned home I had an ultrasound scan but nothing showed up so nothing further was done. I think now this was probably related to the cancer and they should have investigated it further. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. So back off to spend a few more days with my lovely (and lively) 3 year old grandson and try not to think about it all. Kate :x::x:

Wren17

Hi@Kate M, all the best with the surgery, let us know how you get on. Sending lots love and hugs :x::x:

Kate M

Thanks . Husband had suspected TIA today so now waiting for an appt at the TIA clinic for him! It never rains........ :x::x: