Wellness during and after treatment

tigercub

Alcohol

Hi I don't usually drink alcohol anyway much as have secondary tumour in liver .but just wondering do any of you have little drink while on chemo . hubby is saying am I allowed I have never asked doc .it would only be glass cider 4% I'm on irenotecan campto and capectabine tablets but tablets finished weds for this cycle

DMR700

Hi @tigercub I initially went t-total due to liver tumours, decided it didn’t need anymore grief! But now have the odd drink, usually just a few wine or champagnes on special occasion. Haven’t been drunk yet... but no problems so far :x::x:

GD62

I have cut booze back but enjoyed several bottles while having a week in Italy. Generally dilute my wine 🍷 50/59 to make it last longer with water and have maybe a bottle every three weeks. All in moderation 🤷🏽‍♂️ :x:

charleyb

Our Onc was ok with it. She preferred red wine, and only a couple of glasses. When my hubby went over board i.e a celebration his blood results showed it, and you could tell his liver was stressed. So he stuck to only drinking in his good week, and not drinking lots. I believe everything in moderation, an odd glass or two if you fancy it shoudn`t do much harm. obviously check with your own team first :x::x::x:

tigercub
Quote from @DMR700:
Hi @tigercub I initially went t-total due to liver tumours, decided it didn’t need anymore grief! But now have the odd drink, usually just a few wine or champagnes on special occasion. Haven’t been drunk yet... but no problems so far

Thanks advice

tigercub
Quote from @charleyb:
Our Onc was ok with it. She preferred red wine, and only a couple of glasses. When my hubby went over board i.e a celebration his blood results showed it, and you could tell his liver was stressed. So he stuck to only drinking in his good week, and not drinking lots. I believe everything in moderation, an odd glass or two if you fancy it shoudn`t do much harm. obviously check with your own team first

Hi thanks that's what I thought but as always forget ask consultant even when write down

soph86

Hi all. I do drink but I stick to champagne now and specific red wines. Champagne because the fermentation process that happens in the bottle is apparently good. It doesn’t mean neck a few bottles a night (much to my disappointment). Wines also from the list attached. These are organic wines. People in these specific regions drink have a litre a day but have low incidents of cancer. Still don’t go mad! (Like I did on Friday 😔)

Baxter2

Hi @tigercub

I gave up alcohol entirely for at least 2 years from diagnosis because of my liver met. I now have alcohol occasionally and my oncologist is ok with this acknowledging that we all need to live a little! As the others have said, perhaps alcohol in moderation is ok?

K💛💙💚💜❤️

determinedjoan

sure a little glass of red wine during cycle is good for your spirits; don't have alcohol whilst actually attached to pump (Folfiri) but by the end of week (usually have chemo on a Monday) allow myself a small glass of red wine as a treat for getting through another dose ! v best of luck with treatment and lots of love and hugs :x: