General Discussion

Gypsy

Animal magic

We have had threads on here in the past in which people have spoken about their pets/animals and posted photos and written about how much difference they make to them and help them through. I've been searching but I can't find these threads so hope no one minds me starting another and can I say, really looking forward to seeing any photos!
Dolly Mixture went to a show yesterday. I spent hours on Friday bathing her and getting her all poshed up, applying various lotions and potions (although I could not quite get her tail to go bright white)! She did really well and got a rosette for 3rd in her class. I was so proud!( Not me riding but her trainer)! I've loved horses all my life and don't suppose I'll ever change now, nor do I want to, if I'm honest. They really helped me with cancer and Dolly is an utter sweetheart and gives kisses.
We're doing it all again next Saturday and I'm under instruction to wash the tail several times this week so must try harder!

SariDaffs

Dear All, I love this thread and I am in contact with our local rescue centre to find a dog to keep me company ... Sarah :x::x:

Gypsy

Did you get a dog yet Sarah @SariDaffs ?:x:

angelj

This is Peppa Pig she really has helped us through this nightmare journey xx

Clancy

@angelj, gorgeous little face, they certainly are good nurses these pets, good for the mental health.:x::x:

SariDaffs

Hello @Gypsy, isn't it strange how these things happen, I was thinking about the dog thing again today as I am lazing in bed on my first day out of hospital (reversal done on Monday). No dog yet, bit still intending to get one 😁

Gypsy

Oh @angelj . What an absolutely adorable, cute dog with such a lovely name!!:x::x:
Lovely to hear that a dog is still on the cards Sarah @SariDaffs . :x::x:

angelj

HI @Gypsy thank you she’s a funny little character. I’m a horse lover too, had my own and have been loaning for past few years. Looking after my mum and now OH poorly since June leaves my little time so I’ve had to give it up for now, I can’t live without them so hopefully I can start again :x::x:

Gypsy

Been out with little grandson on the beach today. It's cold but lovely. Three seals were curious and wanted to say hello.

helena

The water looks wild and fresh @Gypsy but still beautiful. Lovely :x::x::x:

Lizalou

What a fantastic picture @Gypsy :x:

terri m

I love this picture..@Gypsy .. Seals are great :x::x::x:

george1960

Waiting to play when your ready dad our lovely Tia.
We lived in Bulgaria her mum was shot so we rescued her best thing we ever done. xx

Baxter2

Loving all the animal pics! :x::x::x::x:

Gypsy

Isn't she just beautiful! :x::x:

angelj

Aw what a cutie with her dolly :x::x:

Gypsy

This summer, a whole lot of feral cats took up their base at the croft including a mother cat with kittens. Resident croft cat Simba was not impressed and moved out to the greenhouse at the house for some peace and quiet! Cats Protection came and in the end, they trapped and neutered 8 cats in total- I had not realised that there were that many- and they returned all but one which was re-homed. Anyway, we are still putting out food and water for the cats in the hay byre and although I don't often see them, it all disappears every day. In order for them to get in and out, we have to leave one of the doors open a little way. Dolly thinks that this is entirely for her benefit and she has learned that if she sticks her nose through the gap, she might just get an extra treat- she usually isn't mistaken!

KatieR

I thought you might like to meet the new Grand Puppy .....Bruno but recently renamed ‘you little shit ‘. ! Apparently he is very naughty runs off with things Enthusiastically bites toes if they are in socks and sadly is not taking to being housetrained. ! !
Cath xx

helena

I'm loving the animal photo and 'Hello Dolly', Bruno and Tai. Dolly is such a clever girl that how could you resist giving that big jibba jubba lips a great? :x::x::x:

Gypsy

Oh my goodness @KatieR , how lovely is he!. Yes me too about all animal photos and stories. More please- gives everyone a lift, I think.:x::x::x::x::x:

helena

Here's a photo of my daughter's 6 month old Patterjack (a cross between a Jack Russell and a Patterdale) very much enjoying his home comforts as he loves the heat of the fire