General discussion

Gypsy

Animal magic

We have had threads on here in the past in which people have spoken about their pets/animals and posted photos and written about how much difference they make to them and help them through. I've been searching but I can't find these threads so hope no one minds me starting another and can I say, really looking forward to seeing any photos!
Dolly Mixture went to a show yesterday. I spent hours on Friday bathing her and getting her all poshed up, applying various lotions and potions (although I could not quite get her tail to go bright white)! She did really well and got a rosette for 3rd in her class. I was so proud!( Not me riding but her trainer)! I've loved horses all my life and don't suppose I'll ever change now, nor do I want to, if I'm honest. They really helped me with cancer and Dolly is an utter sweetheart and gives kisses.
We're doing it all again next Saturday and I'm under instruction to wash the tail several times this week so must try harder!

Jon-T

One of our native birds:

greyhound gal

Oh I am so jealous @Jon-T !
I want to see one :x::x:

Gypsy

Utterly beautiful @Jon-T - I would love to have seen it too, it would have made my day!

greyhound gal

Right, I give up! I’ve been all through my Collins Guide and I can’t identify it! What is it please @Jon-T ? Wendy :x::x:

Jon-T

It is a Kookaburra.
Jon.

greyhound gal

Ah! Just clicked, you’re in Australia 🇦🇺!
Right, I’ll have to take a photo of one of our native birds...
Wendyx

Gypsy

It has been a while since anyone posted on here so just a little something.
The orca season is underway up in the far north of Scotland. A pod of orca came up our coast this week, close to shore and the folk in Wick were treated to some spectacular views. I did not see them (although they passed by here) and here is the link if you would like to see:
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-48444675

greyhound gal

How fantastic @Gypsy, definitely want to see whales in the wild and I’ve got a need to see a native basking shark!! :x::x::x:

sampxo

Our beautiful little girl Ebony, who came into our lives just a few weeks before mums diagnosis and who has been a complete godsend xx

Gypsy

She is so sweet, thank you for posting the photo.:x::x::x::x:

jj

@sampxo , she is adorable. Animals are often angels that come into your life without any fanfare or planning and they give you so much joy.

Jon-T

Here is one of the natives from northern Norway

belinda66

@EssexDan:
Here is my 4 year old 'Speagle' called Rudy laying on my daughters M&M fleece.
He has been by my side every second since i have been off work.
He is a big strong hand full!! But his undevoted love to his family is unbelievable.[/quote]

Beautiful! Had a beagle when I was a child and my lovely crossbreed who died in January was also called Rudi. I called him a Staffrador due to his heritage.

Gypsy

I was looking out of my kitchen window this evening and I spotted a bird with an unusual shape on the wires and got the binoculars out and low and behold, it was a European bee-eater. Absolutely beautiful and colourful and a bird of southern Europe and it's in the far north of Scotland, but looking quite happy so far as I could tell. Thankfully with our new camera and better zoom I could even get photos of it and I've sent the sighting off to the RSPB and will see what they say but you are all the first to know!

greyhound gal

Lucky you @Gypsy ! I’ve always got my binoculars close at hand but have to make do with the finches fighting over places on my feeders! :x::x:

emsie

So on my day off today I got to look after my sisters new pup 🐶 Hendrix . I’m in love 😍 I’m a huge animal fan but dogs are my ultimate.. a dog just brightens any day. Xx

belinda66

@emsie:

Such cuteness!

KatieR

I come back to this page when I need cheering up ....
So here is my favourite photo of Disney ( Dizzy )
Cath xx

Gypsy

I too love all the photos. What a lovely picture of your wee star.:x::x::x::x:

greyhound gal

Love the photo @KatieR! She is really striking a pose!! :x::x::x: