General discussion

Gypsy

Animal magic

We have had threads on here in the past in which people have spoken about their pets/animals and posted photos and written about how much difference they make to them and help them through. I've been searching but I can't find these threads so hope no one minds me starting another and can I say, really looking forward to seeing any photos!
Dolly Mixture went to a show yesterday. I spent hours on Friday bathing her and getting her all poshed up, applying various lotions and potions (although I could not quite get her tail to go bright white)! She did really well and got a rosette for 3rd in her class. I was so proud!( Not me riding but her trainer)! I've loved horses all my life and don't suppose I'll ever change now, nor do I want to, if I'm honest. They really helped me with cancer and Dolly is an utter sweetheart and gives kisses.
We're doing it all again next Saturday and I'm under instruction to wash the tail several times this week so must try harder!

Baxter2

Absolutely! Love all the pics @charly and @Floss07 :x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

Gypsy

Me too- keep them coming! I would have no chance if I was judging the competition 'the dog the judge most wants to take home' as I'd want them all!!:x:

sarahz

I'm loving these photos! I have 3 cats and the eldest one won't leave me alone. He seems to know I need tlc at the mo..

greyhound gal

Before my diagnosis, when I spent 8 weeks being ill, Romeo hardly left my side! Admittedly I sometimes had trouble stepping over him cos he can spread himself out so wide! But his presence was good for the soul.
I love taking him out for walks again especially now it’s becoming more autumnal xx

Gypsy

Dolly and I had a lovely outing today and she made some new friends along the way!

Gypsy

terri m

What a beautiful day for riding Dolly..@Gypsy So envious, I havent rode in years. . Must do it soon.. On my bucket list to ride on the beach, & watch the sunset go down..πŸ’•. Enjoy the sunshine :x::x:

Baxter2

Ahhh, lovely pics @Gypsy

Lots of love

Karen πŸ’œπŸ’›β€οΈπŸ’™πŸ’š

lilmil

My cats had 4 kittens. There super cute. 😻😻😻

lilmil

lilmil

4 weeks oldπŸ₯°

Pam

Oh they are so lovely @lilmil

Floss07

Wonderful, I miss having a cat but my husband is dangerously allergic! I haven't ridden for over 25 years ... not sure I could anymore !

charly

@lilmil they are gorgeous!! ❀️

Gypsy

They certainly are!

Gypsy

There's just been a loud thump on my kitchen window, (while I'm sat here eating my porridge!)- enough to make me jump. A pigeon sized silhouette smear now on the glass and I quickly look out to see the female sparrow hawk that regularly visits the garden (when I hear the clamour of sparrows in the shrubs I know she's about)'mantling' the poor pigeon on the path and getting a grip. When she sees me, off she goes with her prize. A lot of drama for first thing in the morning!

Gypsy

All that's left of the pigeon.

Dan-888

Thank you so much for the wonderful pics, @Gypsy @lilmil @greyhound gal @charly @Baxter2 @Floss07 @helena
(sorry, I haven't been on here for a while!)

And what a dramatic, "National Geograhic" story, Gypsy!!!

Here's my mini tiger

charly

@Gypsy that sounds action packed - very exciting! I have a total fascination with birds of prey. We have Ospreys near us and I love going to watch them and see kestrels on a cycle route nearby. Dolly is beautiful - as is the scenery where you live!
@Dan-888 your tiger looks very peaceful and serene! I am encouraged by your story and posts - i’ve Just had a clear 2 year scan - struggling a bit to have faith in the testing as they missed the cancer at colonoscopy and had lots of complications at surgery, but makes me a little calmer reading about your journey. Thank you!

Jon-T

Not a pet but one of my favourite pictures.