Living well with bowel cancer

You can find lots of useful information about living with and beyond bowel cancer on our website.

Gypsy

Animal magic

We have had threads on here in the past in which people have spoken about their pets/animals and posted photos and written about how much difference they make to them and help them through. I've been searching but I can't find these threads so hope no one minds me starting another and can I say, really looking forward to seeing any photos!
Dolly Mixture went to a show yesterday. I spent hours on Friday bathing her and getting her all poshed up, applying various lotions and potions (although I could not quite get her tail to go bright white)! She did really well and got a rosette for 3rd in her class. I was so proud!( Not me riding but her trainer)! I've loved horses all my life and don't suppose I'll ever change now, nor do I want to, if I'm honest. They really helped me with cancer and Dolly is an utter sweetheart and gives kisses.
We're doing it all again next Saturday and I'm under instruction to wash the tail several times this week so must try harder!

Gypsy

Lovely photos @cyclingjohnny , especially the beautiful egret. :x::x::x::x:

Gypsy

Hi, lovely photos @cyclingjohnny ! We are both now keen on taking bird photos- great fun and rather frustrating too! :x::x::x::x::x:

Stella 2020
Quote from @cyclingjohnny:

What is the bird in your photo (the single one 23/09 at 5:10pm)? So cute :x:

Frances Styles

A beautiful day, not a care in the world, a day without cancer on our minds, love Frances :x::x:

Gypsy

Were you beach riding @Frances Styles? Cathx

Frances Styles

Indeed we were Cath @Gypsy, on the west coat of Ireland this afternoon, so tranquil, love Frances

Gypsy

How lovely!

Frances Styles

Thanks @Stella 2020, hope you had a lovely holiday and are going from strength to strength in your recovery, love Frances :x::x:

Lucy118

Such a beautiful morning!

Lucy118

GD62Z

My Molly the Shetland Sheep dog with her puppies :x:

Lucy118

@GD62Z, ahhh soooo cute! :x:

Stella 2020

Winston has been sleeping in a variety of location and ways

Stella 2020

He has managed to get into the duvet cover!

jan67

🤣🤣:x:

Gypsy

Oh, I missed all these photos and they are just great! :x::x:

Richard Staff (Support and Information)

Hello everyone

Unfortunately there is a technical problem with the forum where long threads are putting too much strain on our server, which is then causing issues for the rest of the forum.

It means that we need to lock some threads, including this one, in order to ensure everything else runs smoothly.

If you're supporting each other with information and advice on particular topics, I would encourage you to start separate threads in the relevant areas of the forum focused on the support you need.

This will also hopefully help make discussions easier for everyone to find, search and join in with, as well as ensuring that we're able safely moderate them.

You can of course continue individual conversations with friends via our private message inboxes.

We're also going to be freezing any threads that have been inactive for more than two years to help ease pressure on the server. This will also help make it clear that those threads are historical and may contain out of date information.

Thank you for your understanding with this and hopefully these small changes will make a big difference to keeping things running smoothly for everyone.