General Discussion

Gypsy

Animal magic

We have had threads on here in the past in which people have spoken about their pets/animals and posted photos and written about how much difference they make to them and help them through. I've been searching but I can't find these threads so hope no one minds me starting another and can I say, really looking forward to seeing any photos!
Dolly Mixture went to a show yesterday. I spent hours on Friday bathing her and getting her all poshed up, applying various lotions and potions (although I could not quite get her tail to go bright white)! She did really well and got a rosette for 3rd in her class. I was so proud!( Not me riding but her trainer)! I've loved horses all my life and don't suppose I'll ever change now, nor do I want to, if I'm honest. They really helped me with cancer and Dolly is an utter sweetheart and gives kisses.
We're doing it all again next Saturday and I'm under instruction to wash the tail several times this week so must try harder!

bettebette

Who can blame Billy for kicking up his hooves! Your post made me smile - and lovely photo 😊 @Gypsy

greyhound gal

It sounds like you had a decent workout too! What fun!?
Lovely photo, Wendy :x::x:

Gypsy

Not exactly pets (although they were so-o-o friendly!) but I couldn't resist these wee guys in the snow today.

Gypsy

terri m

Love the pictures @Gypsy .. You must be very fit & slim with all the running around you do with them horses... Your post so cheered me up.👍😀 :x::x::x:

helena

Sounds like you had a very energetic day @Gypsy and the photos look fab. :x::x::x:

Gypsy

I think that little children and animals cheer us all up, don't they. I love seeing everyone's photos on here- it makes my day! :x::x:

greyhound gal

I think you're right @Gypsy. I was looking at photos of my teens when they were younger earlier and it really made me smile :x::x:

Gypsy

A little something that has made my day!
We have feral cats at the croft and the ones that I mainly see are the 3 kittens (all grown up now) that were born there last summer. I feed and water them every day. One of them, such a pretty little fluffy grey cat with a white chest and nose, is the boldest of the 3. I can get quite close and it knows I am a friend and mean it no harm but despite my efforts, so far it has not plucked up the courage to closely approach but at the same time, it does not run away. This morning, as I was gathering up armfuls of hay for the horses, I noticed it was diving in after me and playing with the loose strands. So I tied a bit of rag to some baler twine and suspended it from an upturned old chair by the hay bales. The cat absolutely loved it and was soon bashing it about and making it swing and diving in and out from beneath the chair to the extent that it quite forgot about me! It was just lovely to see it playing like that and growing in confidence!
I make pom poms and I think I shall be making it a nice brightly coloured one tonight and give it another option and turn that old chair into a play station and I shall try to get a photo of it too!:x:

greyhound gal

What a lovely image @Gypsy! Made me smile :x::x::x:

Gypsy

Playful collie dogs today.

Rach

@Gypsy what a lovely picture :x::x:

Dan-888

you do have a way of using words to paint an even better picture(s) of those feral kittens, @Gypsy !
Thank you! And for your photos too!
Dan

terri m

terri m

My molly the bulldog loves to watch our grandson charlie eating his tes & of course she likes to supervise😀

greyhound gal

I think Mollys thinking “I could eat that!” :x::x:

Gypsy

@terri m, what a lovely, funny photo. Thank you for posting it.:x::x::x::x:

terri m
Quote from @Gypsy:
@terri m, what a lovely, funny photo. Thank you for posting it.[/quotI

[quote]Quote from @Gypsy:
@terri m, what a lovely, funny photo. Thank you for posting it.

I love this post. & animals & children soo cheer us all up .. We went away & left our dog for a few,days last week... She has been like a piece of velcro since we got back😁... I exoect you are looking forward to the spring time & riding your lovely horses👍.. Love & hugs @Gypsy :x::x::x:

Dan-888
Quote from @terri m:
My molly the bulldog loves to watch our grandson charlie eating his tes & of course she likes to supervise😀

:D:D;D Just love that !
Brilliant!

Gypsy

I always hear/see my first lark of the year at the croft before I spot them elsewhere and today was the day. One little bird soaring and singing it's heart out in a blue sky hoping to attract a mate. What a lovely, joyful thing for Valentine's Day! Hope you are all having extra love today. :x::x::x::x::x::x: