Life with bowel cancer

tigercub

Scary day

Hi everyone I haven't been on here while phone broke then I got poor.struggle sleep in heat like most people but hadn't slept much days . early hours sat morning I sort woke bad chest pain central going under right breast through to back and right side.thought probably heartburn issues very thirsty top sip water cause more pain .very odd felt hot clammy.woke hubby told him we going hospital 4.30 am seen straight away with emergency card . cannula in blood tests blood count too low treatment for sepsis prevention.ecg .chest x-ray .CT on lungs . potassium low . injection in tum prevent blood clot .all happening pretty quick very impressed hospital staff kept hubby calmish .had stay in in own room .all tests came back pretty good .on discharge notes something on lower right lung and node on left adrenal gland errm see oncologist Friday discuss . anyway they let me home had bed day lots sleeping start feel human again bit scary show how things change quickly.hope every one keep well as can be .

Gypsy

Hi @tigercub . I'm so sorry that you had a frightening experience like that and felt so weird but glad to read that you are safely at home and taking things easy. I hope it goes well on Friday with the oncologist.
Thinking of you and sending a hug!:x::x:

determinedjoan

sooo frightening for you and your husband; well done, you did absolutely the right thing going in to hospital and getting it sorted. Very best of luck with Oncologist Fri. Thinking of you and sending love and big warm hugs :x:

tigercub

Hi thanks for reply .we both kept fairly calm .all staff were brilliant knew exactly what do it just went from one stage to next once they said blood count too low I knew things could turn quick .but learnt by it and hopefully never go through again I'm sure loads do :x:

tigercub
Quote from @determinedjoan:
sooo frightening for you and your husband; well done, you did absolutely the right thing going in to hospital and getting it sorted. Very best of luck with Oncologist Fri. Thinking of you and sending love and big warm hugs

Hi thanks reply yes was scary but learnt lot all well now so tired

determinedjoan

Sleep/rest well & really hope you feel much better soonest :x:

tigercub

Thanks .yes very tired rest hopefully be ok chemo next Tues .

determinedjoan

dear tigercub, little bit cooler and fresher here in London overnight; hope you managed to get a good night's sleep/rest and that you're feeling a little better today. Don't be surprised if hospital wants to delay your next chemo for a week to give your poor body the opportunity to recover. Thinking of you and sending love and hugs and healing vibes :x: