Decembeard

Life with bowel cancer

terri m

Doing things on a whim with cancer😁

Hi all... Would like to know if any of you have found yourselves doing more things in life, on the spare of the moment?. . I have always been a planner, however since I have had the bowel cancer I just do whatever I want without a thought... I totally now see why you should try & do things here & now. Enjoying life, making each day count, & getting things out of our system.. I have always adored VW beetles, and have driven them for years.. Yesterday I saw a convertible advertised and Today I brought it!!! I have always wanted one so thought what the heck go for it... Just Get it out my system!! Life is too short. 😍

Clancy

@terri m, I do yoga mainly, attend regular nidra sessions, aqua aerobics. And I get out in the fresh air every day walking, only fog or icy conditions keep me in. I do hope you enjoy the Health Club. I feel it benefits my mental health tremendously, the doctors can only put a certain percentage in to help me to get better, the other 50% is down to me. I agree with @ch7091, the classes are brill, especially the line dancing, hilarious if you have no co ordination like me. Enjoy.:x::x:

KatieR

Yes @terri m We have done lots of things on the spur of the moment We were sat waiting for Radiotherapy one Friday morning saw an advert for a big bike extravaganza at the Peterborough Showground Booked it and set off in the Motorhome that afternoon Had a great time I drove both ways It took me a week to get over it But we enjoyed it so much we tried to go away every weekend during the Radiotherapy and Chemo It really helped us to cope having something to look forward to
And John bought a tiny Smart Car that already has the attachment so we can tow it with the Moho !
That was a bit of a shock
Cath :x::x:

eyeofthetiger

@terri m Thank you for this post and all you lovely people replying with your positive attitudes. It has given me a kick up the pants to get out and live life more and focus on my fitness. Enjoy your swimming :x::x::x::x:

Mistyalpine

I moved..to SW France... 😁

terri m

What a fantastic experience @jeangenie hope you are enjoying moving to france @Mistyalpine. :x::x:

terri m
Quote from @eyeofthetiger:
@terri m Thank you for this post and all you lovely people replying with your positive attitudes. It has given me a kick up the pants to get out and live life more and focus on my fitness. Enjoy your swimming

Hope you will get out and start doing some things you enjoy @eyeofthetiger xxx😘

terri m
Quote from @KatieR:
Yes @terri m We have done lots of things on the spur of the moment We were sat waiting for Radiotherapy one Friday morning saw an advert for a big bike extravaganza at the Peterborough Showground Booked it and set off in the Motorhome that afternoon Had a great time I drove both ways It took me a week to get over it But we enjoyed it so much we tried to go away every weekend during the Radiotherapy and Chemo It really helped us to cope having something to look forward to
And John bought a tiny Smart Car that already has the attachment so we can tow it with the Moho !
That was a bit of a shock
Cath

You will be able to have such fab times in your motorhome... Enjoy @KatieR :x::x::x:

jeangenie

I had to take my post down as I had attached the wrong photo so here goes again -
I was invited by my son in law's friend to ride pillion on his motor bike to the Ride to the Wall from Sheffield to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire. I couldn't do it last year because of the cold sensitivity from the Xelox but this year I was able to. What an experience! and what a lovely man to offer to take me! We were part of a convoy of over 500 bikes on the M1 and rode into the Arboretum where we met the rest of the family and stayed for the memorial service. In the photo I am on the bike next to the white van!

terri m
Quote from @jeangenie:
I had to take my post down as I had attached the wrong photo so here goes again -
I was invited by my son in law's friend to ride pillion on his motor bike to the Ride to the Wall from Sheffield to the National Memorial Arboretum in Staffordshire. I couldn't do it last year because of the cold sensitivity from the Xelox but this year I was able to. What an experience! and what a lovely man to offer to take me! We were part of a convoy of over 500 bikes on the M1 and rode into the Arboretum where we met the rest of the family and stayed for the memorial service. In the photo I am on the bike next to the white van!

What an amazing experience for you @jeangenie.. 500 bikes wow!! :x::x::x:

jeangenie

It was amazing!
People have all been so kind. My daughter's hairdresser friend offered to colour my hair, once the chemo was over. I went pink and have been putting in pink or purple highlights ever since. I love it!

terri m
Quote from @jeangenie:
It was amazing!
People have all been so kind. My daughter's hairdresser friend offered to colour my hair, once the chemo was over. I went pink and have been putting in pink or purple highlights ever since. I love it!

Good for you!!! @jeangenie.. Before my chemotherapy I always used to have my hair highlighted blonde, but during the treatment I went grey overnight lol🤗.. Some people commented on what lovely silver highlights I have, so has it looks in good condition I decided to have my own colour... It has saved me a few pennies👍:x::x:

jeangenie

@terri m Goodness! How lovely. My hair thinned and then grew back darker, which is a shame because the grey takes the pink better than the mouse :)

KatieR

RTTW is the most amazing Emotional event ever Good for you for going ❤️

Quote from @jeangenie:

jeangenie

I went last year as well - just not on the bike. I had had oxaliplatin on the Wednesday so I was tired. I went to bed for 2 days to get over the day but it was worth it! I'll go next year but I doubt I'll be invited to ride again.
It is a very special event , isn't it @KatieR ?

KatieR

Hello @jeangenie Every year on the ring roads around London and Manchester many thousands of Bikers turn out on Remembrance Sunday
They wear bright red clothing over their leathers
They set off in single file and make a solid red line around the ring road
It forms the outline of a Poppy
I like to think that all the Soldiers in heaven look down on this Poppy and are reassured that
We Will Never Forget the Sacrifice that they made so that we are free to live our lives
This was just one column of Bikers at Birch Services where we meet up
This is just one column ready to go
Its called The Ring of Red
Cath xx
Ps The red Trike on the right is ours Im stood next to it and John is just behind the next bike x

KatieR

This is the next column
I am really sad that we cant go this year
Cath xx

terri m

This is s beautiful :x::x:

jeangenie

That is amazing!
I am thinking that Remembrance has got new lease of life. My generation have very little experience of war and loss, alhtough we personally lost someone in the Falklands, but our children's generation, especially our son-in-law, who was in the Army, have lost friends or know people who were injured in horrible circumstances. It is wonderful to see how much this all means to so many people and how respectful they all are.
:x::x:

Clancy

They are a terrific biker army @KatieR, you must be very proud. I have nursed many a young soldier, Afghanistan, when I worked at QE.
You will in that tribute next year.:x::x: