Life with bowel cancer

terri m

Doing things on a whim with cancer๐Ÿ˜

Hi all... Would like to know if any of you have found yourselves doing more things in life, on the spare of the moment?. . I have always been a planner, however since I have had the bowel cancer I just do whatever I want without a thought... I totally now see why you should try & do things here & now. Enjoying life, making each day count, & getting things out of our system.. I have always adored VW beetles, and have driven them for years.. Yesterday I saw a convertible advertised and Today I brought it!!! I have always wanted one so thought what the heck go for it... Just Get it out my system!! Life is too short. ๐Ÿ˜

determinedjoan

V well done ๐Ÿ‘ u ! Enjoy ! :x:

HappyAtom

@terri m - I went in to our local furniture store on Friday for 2 sofa cushions, and came home with this. Well, it is the first day of spring next Saturday.โ˜บ๏ธ

Baxter2

Absolutely love it @terri m Well done you!

And love your new furniture too @HappyAtom !

Now then, what can I buy?? Hmmmm?

K๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ

Clancy

Yes @terri m, lovely car. And an equally lovely garden @HappyAtom. My daughter mentioned that I had become more spontaneous and I donโ€™t dither about any more. I have been eyeing up water features. I am renting at the moment and the residents of the over 60โ€™s complex at the back have a spectacular fountain, I have been spoilt by the therapeutic sound of the water. A little bit of what you fancy does you good.:x::x:

terri m

I love your sofa @HappyAtom hopefully the sunshine will be back. So you can enjoy.. @Clancy you sboukd go for the water feature. Before the winter comes.. In fact I woukd like s water feature fir ny garden๐Ÿค” @Baxter2 I expect you have your eye on something you would like... Or maybe you could plan your next holiday xxxx.

Bridget55

Enjoy the NZ spring and your new furniture @HappyAtom . I bought similar garden furniture last year and love my outdoor room. @Baxter2 Iโ€™m sure you will think of something as a treat.. hopefully we can meet up in Edinburgh soon. :x::x::x::x:

DianeS

Love your post @terri m and your furniture looks amazing @HappyAtom. My daughter is on her honeymoon in Cape Cod, looking at her pictures that she sends, Iโ€™ve already fallen in love with it. Holiday for next year?????? Hopefully โ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธโ™ฅ๏ธ

Baxter2

@terri m and @Bridget

Don't worry ladies, I've just had a conservatory put in and LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Now I just need to furnish it and add little bits and pieces. I had a wee look in ikea but I really need to look seriously now! Bridget, hopefully we'll meet up soon in Edinburgh but if not, we have Penny Brohn in Oct! I've chemo that week but I'm going to ask to defer for a week ๐Ÿ˜‰

Lots of love,

K๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’œโค๏ธ

terri m

Hi @Baxter2 . Your conservatory sounds lovely... When you have added the furniture send in some pics. @DianeS I have never heard of cape cod.. I will google it... You should def try & book fir next year... Somthing to look forward too... We are thinking about a cruise... Never done one before, so this is on ny bucket list :x::x::x::x:

Mrs2017

Hi @terri m, nice car ๐Ÿ˜€ we bought a motorhome , something we were thinking of getting in a few years time but decided to bring it forward, only problem was getting time of work for me (husband is self employed so can work when he wants) so I gave up work , although itโ€™s my husband who has cancer it was just becoming to much hassle to get time of as I had used all holidays for hospital and appointments. I will need to work a so will look for something temporary in the next month or so but we have enjoyed a couple of months with me being able to cook proper meals for change, all the best Chris x x. We also went on a cruise to Norway in June, scenery was amazing

terri m

Hi @Mrs2017 ... Having a motorhome appears to be very popular now... Being retired would give you both more time in your motorhome... Its lovely that you have had some time off with your dear hubbie... I will be looking for a little job soon. Just waiting for my retirement from the Nhs. Have you had husbands results yet? If not hope you hear soon.. Xx๐Ÿ’—

1234annie

I brought a convertible Mini as soon as I realised my hair wouldn't fall out. I didn't think it would be a good look bald! ๐Ÿ˜
I can't bring myself to plan months in advance anymore, sper of the moment suits me fine. If I'm well, we go away usually in our touring caravan. X x
@terri m

terri m

Hi @1234annie . I do love the Mini car too.. I know what you mean about the hair... Because I haven't been able to have mine coloured I am now completely grey๐Ÿ™„.. I expect people see me with my roof down in my car having a good laugh to themselves seeing a grey old woman in a convertible๐Ÿค—.. But I done give a monkeys lol :x::x::x::x:

1234annie

You'll look gorgeous!! You deserve it, and it's getting hotter next week apparently ๐Ÿ˜ @terri m

terri m

@1234annie .. Fingers crossed then for us to have our roofs down lol :x::x::x:

Mrs2017

@terri m, yes husband had a scan at the end of his chemo and got an all clear last month, I see he got his diagnosis a month or so before you. Thanks for asking, Chris :x: :x:

Elmac

Hi @terri m - cruises are great fun and one meets lovely people - just go for the small cruise ships with less than 1000 people on them! We have done 5 ocean cruises over the last 15 years - NY to the UK, The Black Sea, St. Petersburg, from Southampton to Portugal, Singapore around the Indonesian islands and 2 river cruises the Rhine and the Danube, but have always chosen smaller boats each time. At the lop of my bucket list is Alaska and that is now booked for next July. We are spending the kids inheritance and they both totally agree that we should do so - worked hard all our lives and now in our mid 70's and with the C-cloud hanging over my head, we are living life to the full

As @m2 says in her latest message to all of us - and I think we all agree - keep positive, enjoy life whilst you can, before any pain sets in and stops you from doing what you want - even if not a cruise, enjoy all the little things in life (like a grey haired lady driving her new beetle with the hood down or having a conservatory built and the fun taking time to furnish it, or going on holiday) and do whatever you can afford to do that makes you happy. Spur of the moment is good fun too!

Take care and remember to enjoy life to the full
Elaine

terri m

Hi @Elmac .. Its lovely that you are enjoying your crusing holidays.. I will book one after we come back fron majorca. Which is 4 weeks time๐Ÿค—. Having things to look foward too is important with our illness... I dont like sitting around much now, has this is when my mind wanders to dark places.. Keeping busy and distracted is the only way I deal with this rubbish disease... I definitely dont feel the same person anymore but try to carry on has normal for the sake of my family. Making happy memories , & like you say spur of the moment things we should all do...

Take care , and enjoy the little things :x::x::x::x:

soph86

Good for you treating yourself @terri m. I took myself off very last minute to a retreat in the foothills of the Himalayas, came back, flew straight down to Cornwall for a weekend, flew back now about to surprise my best mates with a trip to Iceland whale watching and skidoo riding. So yes as soon as I get some spare cash I hop on something to take me somewhere!

terri m

Hi @soph86 . your trip to India sounds amazing... And wow now you are off to iceland.. Go for it!!! Enjoy every moment . happy travelling :x::x::x: