Just Diagnosed

dennis

Operation nerves

I have my colon op on Wednesday but I am struggling with nerves I've never had on before is there anything that can help to stop them.

kitti

@dennis and @Adnyl Thats brilliant news!! Hope his recovery is straightforward and uneventful. Hugs :x::x::x:

Adnyl

I've been quite envious today that he's had his surgery ... I've 2 weeks to wait still 😔

determinedjoan

V best of luck to u both :x:

kitti

@Adnyl your op will be here soon and before you know it you will be recovering with all of you cheering you on :x::x::x:

annie50C

hope all gone well .. speedy recovery xxxx Annie

Lizalou

Sending best wishes to you both @dennis @Adnyl :x::x:

Gypsy

@dennis . I'm so happy to hear that you are safely through your operation and can now just focus on recovery.:x::x::x::x::x:

dennis

I've been told everything went well this is day 2 and I've had bad stomach pain

Karen17

@dennis. Great to see you back on the forum and pleased your surgery went well. It will take a while for things to settle down but hopefully you'll get home soon. :x::x:

dennis

Thought I was getting home today I was told that if I could break wind I would go home I eventually did but I was told my bloods haven't come down yet so I have to stay in anybody know what that means

Gypsy

@dennis, so good to hear from you! Please don't worry about the blood results. They are taking care of you and I'm sure you will be home soon. The body goes through such a lot with this operation- you'll get there. rest and be a patient patient.:x::x::x:

Lizalou

There's no rush @dennis, but you must feel frustrated! Who knows why your bloods aren't to their liking?
Hope you have a good night tonight and get home very soon.

Given how worried you were, how has your experience been? Any advice for others?

Hugs :x::x:

determinedjoan

V well done 👍 u ! Wish u a full & steady recovery :x:

dennis

My experience has been everybody who has been involved have been so professional I can't believe that it's such a well run hospital very impressed they are saying that my blood isn't coming done it's just like if someone is stabbed the white cells are trying to fight it they say when they start coming down I will be out I thought is was a bit to soon I was only operated on Wednesday

dennis

They also said they didn't see anything that shouldn't be there and now am only on 2 paracetamol 4 times a day and a blood thinner

bettebette

@dennis that all sounds very positive well done. Good to hear your praise for your team and hospital 🙂

Adnyl

So pleased you're doing so well! :x:

pippajane

So pleased it has gone so well
:x::x:

SheliasDaughterAngela

@dennis pleased the operation went well, although it is not nice staying in hospital it is the best place so soon after surgery as you have all the experts at hand if you are concerned about anything, hopefully you get home soon and your bloods come under control :x:

Gypsy

Well done@dennis! Yes, relax and recover now with no more fears.:x::x::x::x::x::x: