Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

Life with bowel cancer

Jomo9

Christie Treatment

Hi all, was just wondering how many other forum members are being treated at the Christie as I haven’t met any Bowel Cancer patients during my chemo sessions. My chemo is every other Friday afternoon and I seem to be one of the longest in the chair! Last week I was treated for 5 hours and the fortnight before was 6 hours. Basically am being blasted with 4 chemo sessions before I have my operation. Am very lucky in that I live less than a mile from this excellent hospital. If anyone else is local and is partial to the healing benefits of tea/cake then please let me know if you fancy a meet up at Maggie’s, the awesome cancer support centre next door :x:

Baxter2

Good morning @Jomo9

There are quite a few forum friends treated at The Christie.

My chemo takes a while too. I'm on Folfiri and Cetuximab and it takes 6.5 hours every 2 weeks. I have it at home luckily. I'm sure your four sessions will be done in no time and you'll be having your surgery!

Sending love and very best wishes

K💚💜💙💛❤️

Jomo9

It’s amazing how many different treatments that are tailored for each type of cancer and person. I am on Oxiplatin and Folinic Acid, Fluoroucil and Panitumumab. Side affects are an interesting mixture! :x:

annie50C

Hi Jomo, as you know I'm at The Christie and looking forward to coffee and cake !!! Xxx Annie any more welcome to Join ?

Clancy

Hi @Jomo9, I too have my chemoat Christie’s every other Friday. I was there Friday just gone. I used to be there for hours when I had Panitumumab added to my treatment. I am only there for two and a bit hours now. My next outing is 13th for bloods and review,then 14th sept at 3pm. We will have to wear the red carnations in our lapels as a sign, forum members. :x::x:

joanne2570

hi @Jomo9 mine unfortunately is on a thurs and i live an hour away but if anyone around on thurs i would be happy to meet for cake and coffee. @Clancy im there on the 13th not sure of time yet but would be nice to put a face to the name :x::x:

Clancy

Hi @JoMo, @joanne2570, I am at Dr Saunders clinic at 10.20 and bloods an hour beforehand 9.20. My appointments seem to be at the Oak Road treatment centre lately, rather than the Wilmslow Road entrance. :x::x:

smiggs05

Hi

Are you able to be refered to the Christie for a second opinion, just feel like my GP would refuse this.

Jomo9

@annie50C @Clancy @joanne2570 how about meeting at the Maggie’s Centre on Thursday 13th? It’s a really lovely building with comfy chairs and free drinks and nibbles! The centre is located near the research building just off Wilmslow Road - Kinnaird Road, M20 4QL :x:

Sarah Morgan

@smiggs05, I am on this forum as my husband has bowel cancer but I also work at the Christie as a PA.
Yes you can be referred to the Christie for a second opinion. Which hospital are you currently under?

Bridget55

Hi @Jomo9 and @Clancy. I’m there Fridays every 3rd week from 21st Sep. Was there every 2 weeks Friday or Monday. Would love to say hi if anyone there on 21st. Maggies is great. Appt is 10am with Dr Saunders.

Bridget :x::x:

Bridget55

Hi @Clancy I’m too under Dr Saunders and have chemo in dept 44

smiggs05

Currently at the royal in Liverpool

Quote from @Sarah Morgan:
@smiggs05, I am on this forum as my husband has bowel cancer but I also work at the Christie as a PA.
Yes you can be referred to the Christie for a second opinion. Which hospital are you currently under?

joanne2570

mine is dr alam at oak rd usually morning once i jnow my appt will see if i can meet up at maggies