Life with bowel cancer

Jomo9

Christie Treatment

Hi all, was just wondering how many other forum members are being treated at the Christie as I haven’t met any Bowel Cancer patients during my chemo sessions. My chemo is every other Friday afternoon and I seem to be one of the longest in the chair! Last week I was treated for 5 hours and the fortnight before was 6 hours. Basically am being blasted with 4 chemo sessions before I have my operation. Am very lucky in that I live less than a mile from this excellent hospital. If anyone else is local and is partial to the healing benefits of tea/cake then please let me know if you fancy a meet up at Maggie’s, the awesome cancer support centre next door :x:

Baxter2

Good morning @Jomo9

There are quite a few forum friends treated at The Christie.

My chemo takes a while too. I'm on Folfiri and Cetuximab and it takes 6.5 hours every 2 weeks. I have it at home luckily. I'm sure your four sessions will be done in no time and you'll be having your surgery!

Sending love and very best wishes

K💚💜💙💛❤️

Jomo9

It’s amazing how many different treatments that are tailored for each type of cancer and person. I am on Oxiplatin and Folinic Acid, Fluoroucil and Panitumumab. Side affects are an interesting mixture! :x:

annie50C

Hi Jomo, as you know I'm at The Christie and looking forward to coffee and cake !!! Xxx Annie any more welcome to Join ?

Clancy

Hi @Jomo9, I too have my chemoat Christie’s every other Friday. I was there Friday just gone. I used to be there for hours when I had Panitumumab added to my treatment. I am only there for two and a bit hours now. My next outing is 13th for bloods and review,then 14th sept at 3pm. We will have to wear the red carnations in our lapels as a sign, forum members. :x::x:

joanne2570

hi @Jomo9 mine unfortunately is on a thurs and i live an hour away but if anyone around on thurs i would be happy to meet for cake and coffee. @Clancy im there on the 13th not sure of time yet but would be nice to put a face to the name :x::x:

Clancy

Hi @JoMo, @joanne2570, I am at Dr Saunders clinic at 10.20 and bloods an hour beforehand 9.20. My appointments seem to be at the Oak Road treatment centre lately, rather than the Wilmslow Road entrance. :x::x:

smiggs05

Hi

Are you able to be refered to the Christie for a second opinion, just feel like my GP would refuse this.

Jomo9

@annie50C @Clancy @joanne2570 how about meeting at the Maggie’s Centre on Thursday 13th? It’s a really lovely building with comfy chairs and free drinks and nibbles! The centre is located near the research building just off Wilmslow Road - Kinnaird Road, M20 4QL :x:

Sarah Morgan

@smiggs05, I am on this forum as my husband has bowel cancer but I also work at the Christie as a PA.
Yes you can be referred to the Christie for a second opinion. Which hospital are you currently under?

Bridget55

Hi @Jomo9 and @Clancy. I’m there Fridays every 3rd week from 21st Sep. Was there every 2 weeks Friday or Monday. Would love to say hi if anyone there on 21st. Maggies is great. Appt is 10am with Dr Saunders.

Bridget :x::x:

Bridget55

Hi @Clancy I’m too under Dr Saunders and have chemo in dept 44

smiggs05

Currently at the royal in Liverpool

Quote from @Sarah Morgan:
@smiggs05, I am on this forum as my husband has bowel cancer but I also work at the Christie as a PA.
Yes you can be referred to the Christie for a second opinion. Which hospital are you currently under?

joanne2570

mine is dr alam at oak rd usually morning once i jnow my appt will see if i can meet up at maggies