Stage 4 bowel cancer

joanne2570

update

just. a quick updatemon whats been happening
i saw onc yesterday and i can restart oxy which i had at the beginning of this journey. i did have good results with it. however peripheral neuropathy meant i only managed 8 courses so please fingers crossed we have some sucess. my onc jad got me costings and a name for me to discuss avastin with. however she was encouraging abput going down that route as she said it can be effective as a first line with oxy but as third line she has seen very little good results so at the moment we are keeping it in reserve. we also saw clinical trials team, as i suspected no bowel cancer trials at moment. but i am a good candidate as no previous medical history other than the cancer.my onc is sending bisopy to check for immunology status as there may be immu ology treatment available. we discussed proton beam which is a no no. cannabis oil was discussed and although she didnt say not to take it she was sceptical and advised that as unregulated i dont kbow if safe etc, in all i have come away feeling that i have some options left to me and that they are still he,ping me to continue to fight this as long as they dont give up on me neither will i.
oh she also gave me steriods for a couple of weeks to boost me and said she was happy for me to go to florida in a few weeks.
so next appt is with palliative dr to sort out more effective pain control on monday and hopefully i will be feeli g much better and able to continue.
just a quick question to you all
i feel my get up and go has got up and gone and was wondering whether to see dr re antidepressants as i feel down and not wanting to do anything or get involved with anything appetite is poor and sleep rubbish i put it down to disease progression but wondering if all this has made me feel depresssed. would welcome your thoughts please.
anyway thanks for reading and supportjng me thru this especially @Liriodendron345 whose advise really helped :x::x:

Liriodendron345

Hi @joanne2570, it is great to hear how much you have achieved in the past week or two, - you are awesome and have drawn on strengths that you possibly didn’t feel that you had. Things have moved on and I am really pleased about the Oxaliplatin. Your Oncologist actually sounds very supportive and is on board and working with you on the various options.
Have you had the results back yet about your thyroid?
For what it’s worth I think you should see your GP about antidepressants. You are sorting out your physical pain, so addressing your emotional and mental pain as well makes sense to me.
Florida sounds like a brilliant idea, - you deserve it.
Coincidently I very nearly messaged you early this morning (buzzing with steroids at the moment!) but thought I would leave it a few days as I didn’t want you to feel that I was stalking you!! Hence so pleased that you messaged. Please take very good care and stay in touch, Kim :x::x::x:

Gypsy

Hi@joanne2570. Yes, I agree that you are awesome. It sounds like it was a good consultation with the onc which is great. I hope you have a lovely holiday in Florida- will help in many ways I think. I would say go for the anti-depressants. They helped me and have helped many others on here too.
:x::x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Good morning @joanne2570

I'd agree in that it sounds like you have a great Oncologist who is looking at all avenues available to you. This is so important for your emotional health and well-being.

I started on antidepressants in May 2016. Ive never had these before but I can certainly confirm they worked a treat and I noticed the difference within a couple of weeks. I started with the lowest dose and asked to have them increased twice to the highest dose (logically thinking I needed all the possible help I could get at the time!) I now continue on Mirtazepine 45mg daily and wouldn't even consider reducing or stopping them now. I'd certainly recommend you discuss this with your GP.

Florida sounds fab.......any room for me in your suitcase? @Liriodendron345 is an amazing support to me too but I suppose I could allow you to share her! She's my online chemo 'buddy'!

Sending loads of love and very best wishes

K💛💚💙💜❤️

Liriodendron345

Thank you for your very kind words @Baxter2, but it does work both ways, and you are a brilliant support to me as well. Please @joanne2570, do not allow her to travel curled up in your suitcase for several hours though as like me she has a history of blood clots!! Not a good plan ....... take very could care, Kim :x::x::x:

HH79

Hi yes @joanne2570 defo anti depressant lots love love to you :x::x::x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Haha @Liriodendron345!

I'm still on my daily Fragmin injections so I'm hoping I'll stay clot free! 😂😂

Karen ❤️💙💜💚💛

joanne2570

thanks so much you 2 @Baxter2 and @Liriodendron345 you are moe than welcome to come with me ive a feeling it would be a blast. blood clots not an issue ive loads of anticoag injections here so can sort that haha. will make drs appt now and hopefully start to get my get up and go back.
chemo tommorow fingers crossed and onward and upward lots of love jo :x::x:

joanne2570

thanks @HH79 just having you guys to rant and get opinions off has been so helpful
love jo :x::x:

Liriodendron345

Be thinking of you tomorrow @joanne2570, and thank you for invitation to Florida .... booking tickets as we speak! Kim :x::x::x:

joanne2570

enough room in the villa @Liriodendron345 its 4 bedroomed flights cheap at mo lol. speak soon jo :x::x:

Clancy

I think @joanne2570 should pick me for the Florida trip, because we are both Manc’s, and I have been traumatised by a) being classed as obese on the BMI chart, and the sh***y PET scan result.
I really hope you have a great time out there, take care.:x::x:

joanne2570

@Clancy of course you can come, us northern girls gotta stick together. i ignore bmi charts theyre out of date and always classed me as obese dont let it get to you. sorry the pet scan was shitty, yes it sounds like you need a break lots of sun and beer inflorida with us.

Liriodendron345

Hi @joanne2570, just checking in to see how your first chemo went, take very good care, Kim :x::x:

joanne2570

hi kim, it went ok no reactions as yet, pump off this evening so should get a better nights sleep. trying to stay positive. normally next couple of days i feel a bit off then improve, partner has decided i need cheering up so taking me to watch predator at cinema tommorow, not sure i ever mentioned liking predator haha but i think it makes him feel better. might even be able to have a meal after if symptoms ok fingers crossed. how are you?whats the weather like where you are its blustery but very warm pottering around the garden is helping keep me occupied. ive also been very maliciously informed its only 14 weeks to,xmas so need to start my naughty and nice list haha.
speak soon @Liriodendron345 and i appreciate you taking the time to see how im doing. :x::x:

Liriodendron345

Hi @joanne2570, that all sounds good, especially going to see that well-known feel good film, Predator 😂😂. I am good thanks and am going away today for a couple of days to see a good friend; taking my mouth ulcers and beautiful rash with me! It is very blustery here and tbh is getting on my nerves, - not pleasant gardening when it is like this. I am still grumpy that summer is over and now I have to think about Christmas!!? You take very good care, and stay in touch, Kim :x::x: