General Discussion

lynn collier

Barry closure

Just thought I would let you all know had meeting at hosp re barry morphine overdose hosp admitted their mistake met with associate director of nursing they realise it should have been handled in a different way but dr has been reprimanded and put on a course to make sure mistake would not happen again I felt very emotional I fought my barrys corner even though he has passed now but lessons have been learned now memories were everywhere in the hosp as had spent 3 years there just hope my barry can rest now :x::x:

KatieR

Well done @lynn collier Its so important to see hospital mistakes dealt with ...Notwithstanding the distress it caused to you and Barry but to try and make sure it does not happen again ...
It was very brave of you to think of other people at such a sad stage of your life
Keep in touch
Cath :x::x:

Scardycat

So good you have this result. I have put in formal complaint to Watford about my fathers sudden death in November but have had nothing but procrastination

Clancy

I really had no idea this was going on @lynn collier. I do sincerely hope you get some closure from this. I hope you are managing ok? I do understand all the emotions you are going through. Counselling helped me, and I am the last person to admit that. Sending loving energy. :x::x:

lynn collier

@Scardycat please just carry on with your complaint I was fobbed off at first by letters that were not even close to admitting it but then a full investigation was carri d out so got there in the end even though very emotional hugs to you :x::x:

lynn collier

Hi @ Clancy yes was very emotional poor Barry we know he was on borrowed time he always said he didnt want morphine until the end as was a very strong man but dont expect to get an overdose when in hosp it been an long road but I got closure yesterday so wished barry had been here so I could have chatted to him about it thanks Clancy how are you doing sending you love :x::x::x:

determinedjoan

V well done 👍 u Lynne;
Glad you feel you’ve got some closure now, but so sorry 4 ur loss under such sad circumstances :x::x::x:

1234annie

Well done Lynn, thinking of u. :x:

Daffodil

Well done @lynn collier , I know too well how difficult that has been. When I visited the hospice after David died the memories were painful. Glad you feel you have got some closure. Love :x::x:

GD62

Hi @lynn collier glad you had this overdose matter resolved and it must have been difficult. I got into trouble for doing the opposite to be honest not prescribing morphine and zopiclone, firstly the person had sleep apnoea syndrome which is contraindicated in that condition and the morphine would also cause opiate induced ventilatory impairment. But the patient wanted their sleepers and morphine despite the fact he should never be on them in the first place, then the GP gave them anyway for a quiet life. Frankly it's f????ing nuts that you can get into trouble for doing the correct clinical thing but if the patient kicks off although it will kill them then it's ok. Life if fri...ng mad.

Positive healing :x::x::x:

lynn collier

Yes @GD62 as you know I worked in pharmacy Barry would fight with me not to have morphine as he was strong
Man then go into hosp and get overdose well I fought for my man hope he listening up there it been quite emotional few days thank you I hope you are doing as good as you can :x::x::x:

lynn collier

Thank you all for your kind works and @Daffodil I’ve been thinking of you hope you are dealing with yr grief as you know life will never be the same again love to you :x::x::x:

Trinity

@lynn collier well done you, such a brave lady, I think of you often ............take care :x::x::x:

bettebette

I have just read all through your messages @lynn collier (I am fairly new to the forum) Well done to you, what strength and bravery (and what love) you have shown. :x::x:

Swan

Well done @lynn collier. I'm sure Barry would have been so proud of you, it must have been so difficult. I hope you can both rest a bit easier now. Love Carolyn :x::x::x:

lynn collier

Thank you Swan how Are you :x::x::x:

Meezermum

Just love to you and your determination :x::x:

Swan

Hii @lynn collier
Sorry iv only just read your reply. Im ok thank you. Iv been at my sister in laws 70th birthday celebrations this weekend. She has asked for donations to beating bowel cancer instead of present s. I will let prople know how much was raised. I think it will be a substantial amount. Love to you and your family :x::x::x:

Clancy

Hi@lynn collier, I just wanted to thank you for letting us know about Alwyn.
I do hope you are gaining more inner peace in yourself. Do keep in touch with us all.
Sending love to you and your family.:x::x:

sweetcheeks

@lynn collier ,Well done for fighting Barry’s corner , I’m sure he is looking down thinking “ thats my girl”
I hope you can in time adjust to yet another new normal, a time when Barry’s memories will make you smile again, 😘
Much love
Tracey :x::x::x::x:

lynn collier

Aww thank you Clancy each day life is hard but I’m trying hope yr okay and sweet cheeks thank you I’m sure he is and laughing saying what a girl a love to you have same name as my middle daughter lol :x::x::x::x: