Life with bowel cancer

Evelyn

Ct scan results after 2 1/2 years

I haven’t posted very often lately but did find this forum so much help when I was first diagnosed and I stil read the forum and find it provides hope and inspiration. After having clear scans for over two years , they advised me that there is a small wedge shaped shadow on my liver and an mri is being scheduled. I had two spots removed from my liver over two years ago. My oncologist has told me not to worry yet, ( kind of hard to do) as cancer Mets in the liver don’t show up with this shape but still needs follow up. Anyone else ever heard of this. Needless to say, I am panicked and very anxious as I won’t know anything until the mri is completed. Any advice would be so much appreciated as I’m not sure how I’m going to make it through the next few weeks.

Gypsy

Hi @Evelyn . I'm so sorry that you have had this unsettling news but I think I would hang onto the fact that the oncologist is so unsure what this is and that it may not have anything to do with cancer in order to keep the anxiety under control. Hopefully you will feel a little better once the initial shock has worn off a bit. Worrying cannot change things so do try to keep it at bay if you possibly can.
Sending hugs. Gypsyxxxx

Polly 1

Hi @Evelyn sorry you now have this worrying time waiting for the next step - we all know what it's like.
Our nurse told us a liver MRI is the best thing as CT scans 'show up all sorts of things'. Hopefully they will be able to schedule an MRI scan asap and report on it quickly and put your mind at rest.
All the best :x::x:

Baxter2

Lovely to hear from you @Evelyn

I'm sorry about this latest concern though especially after having NED scans! Sending all my very best wishes and I sincerely hope the spots turn out to be benign!

Lots of love

K❤️💚💙💜💛

Evelyn

Thank you @Baxter2 @Gypsy @Polly 1 for your prompt replies. I did feel guilty posting this as many on the this forum are enduring much worse. I do,panic easy and was a bit shocked after the appointment but I guess with this disease, you just never know. They have scheduled an mri for next Tuesday which is quick so will no more after that. Thanks again and hope you are doing ok

Gypsy

Dear @Evelyn. No guilt please! You're totally entitled to feel the way you do and to post about it! Do not apologise! I'm truly sorry you have had this shock but I shall stay hopeful for you that this is nothing sinister and pray that is the case and think there is a good chance of it all being fine. Reason I say that is firstly because your onc says it doesn't look like a met and secondly, because others have had scares about things in liver and lungs that have turned out to be ok. But we would all feel rattled wouldn't we and I know I would too. Hope you have a good weekend and can put it to the back of your mind. It is great that the scan is going to be so quick and you will soon have a result.
Everything crossed for you. Love Gypsyxxxx

Evelyn

Thank you for your lovely words@Gypsy. This is the Canadian thanksgiving this weekend so will try and keep busy cooking turkey.

Baxter2

That's good @Evelyn. At least you don't have too long to feel worried and panicky! It never gets any easier does it? Lots of distractions and busy days between now and then to keep your mind occupied is the way to go I think. Please let us know how things go and post anytime about anyth8ng......good or bad!

Lots of love and strength

Karen 💚💜💛💙❤️

Evelyn

Oops @Gypsy see above

Evelyn

@Baxter2 thank you. You sound like an amazing person with what you have been through and now enjoying all your family. Not sure if the uk celebrates thanksgiving but I will keep busy this werkend

Baxter2

Thank you @Evelyn

I have a great life now, keep pretty well and my family are my world!

Enjoy thanksgiving. I'm not sure it's celebrated here in the UK but sure if there are resident Canadians, they will do! Keep busy cooking that turkey!

Karen 💚💜💛💙❤️

DianeS

Morning @Evelyn wishing you all the very best for your MRI scan, and so pleased your oncologist is following things up. How is your CEA level? Some aren’t accurate but mine was when I had the lesion in my liver. I totally u derstand how you feel regarding posting as I sometimes feel the same, but you really mustn’t as you know everyone here will support you no matter what. Fingers crossed for you scan, hope it’s good news. Love D :x::x::x::x:

Evelyn

Hi @DianeS I do feel like I could use some support at the moment. My cea is 1.7. It actually went down from three months ago at 2.0. I think that is why my oncologist was fairly calm. When I had my liver met it was over 4. But as you know who knows how dependable it is. I was hoping this was all behind me but I guess you never know. Hope you are doing well and thank you for responding.

DianeS

Hi again @Evelyn your CEA is the same as mine. Mine has gone up this time from 1.5 to 1.7 but so long as it’s under 3 I’m happy. Mine went up in two’s with the met, and reached 22 before I was scanned. I don’t think we will ever stop being concerned but somehow have to push it to the back of our minds. Sending love D :x::x::x::x: