Decembeard

Life with bowel cancer

Baxter2

* Edinburgh lunch meet up changed to Tuesday 11th December *

Good morning all!

I've been meaning to arrange a date to meet up for lunch in Edinburgh for a while so here goes!

I'm hoping some of us can combine with a wander around the Christmas markets and attractions and perhaps get a bit of Christmas shopping done! 😩 I also wondered if anybody from further afield wished to combine with a cheeky wee weekend break in Edinburgh! Just a thought!

I'm tagging those who have been before as well as those of you who have expressed an interest in joining in. I hope I don't leave anyone out and if so, please don't be offended!

@Claireb1978 @Ally13 @charlie @DMR700 @Gypsy @Elmac @Liriodendron345 @mem @Highkaren @mikey83 @dennis @Adnyl @KatieR

Hope you here from you soon and at least if I have a rough idea of numbers, I can get a booking done soon as it will be busy!! I understand some will not be sure if they can attend due to appointments and chemo etc! I was thinking of same venue which is very central and handy for trains/buses and Christmas markets. It's Howies, 29 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh. I'm happy to go anywhere else of course, if someone can suggest a good alternative.

Lots of love,

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œ

steve707

Well I definitely have an excuse for not being there with you all. After moving to York and only just recently met with my colorectal nurse and then the surgeon they have booked my year one scan, a year to the day from my post chemo scan for the 11th at 4.30, came in the post yesterday, then back on the 12th to have my eye nevus checked. Hope you have a lovely meet up. Please keep me in mind for the next one @Baxter2.Have a great day.:x::x:

Baxter2

It's a pity you're so far away @angepange and @steve707 good luck with your scan today!

Six of us met up at The Doric for lunch today but as @charly had to leave for work, we forgot to get a group photo including her! It was so lovely to meet everyone!

Left front is @Claireb1978 then @Lirio345 Right front is @helena @Calleyh then me. Unfortunately, @charly is missing from the photo!. Sorry Charly!
@Lirio345 and I met in the morning and had a walk through the Christmas market and a wee cheeky mulled wine!

KarenπŸ’œπŸ’›πŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’š

Baxter2

Gypsy

Really lovely!:x::x::x:

scruffysheep

Lovely,
My son lives in Edinburgh and we usually have a day there and a wander round the Christmas market but didn’t manage it this year. Hopefully next :x::x:

bettebette

Nice to see you all together 😊 good wishes to you all 🌟

Lirio345

It was so lovely to meet everyone; thank you Karen for organising, :x::x:

angepange

Lovely photo ladies.:x::x:

brighty08

Glad you had a nice meet up. Will hopefully meet you all at the next one. :x::x:

helena

It was fabby to finally meet you all and thanks for organising it @Baxter2. Roll on the next meet up! :x::x::x:

terri m

You all look fabulous 😘 such lovely pictures :x::x::x:

GD62

Marvellous @Baxter2 hope you all had a great time πŸ˜πŸ·β€οΈπŸ‘

Baxter2

i had a great time meeting you all today! It never seems long enough though!

We'll get another arranged in the springtime!

Lots of love to you all!

KarenπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œ

Calleyh

So enjoyed the lunch and helped a great deal to talk. Managed to put on 2 lbs since yesterday!

Gypsy

Come on girls, what yummy things did you have to eat? !:x::x::x:

Lizalou

I'm so pleased you all had a lovely time and really hope you manage to meet up again soon. I'm sure it did you all a power of good. :x:

Calleyh

Well I pigged myself on celeriac and apple soup, followed by doorsteps of Turkey with pigs in blankets (and not just mine!), carrots, Brussels, roast potatoes, cranberry sauce and gravy. This was followed by Christmas pudding with a brandy sauce. To drink.....Appletize. No wonder I put on two pounds since yesterday!

However, as I’ve had no kitchen for a month because of building work, I reckoned I deserved it. That’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it!

Ally13

Lovely picture. Hope to make the next one! 🍾
:x::x:

lynn collier

How
Lovely of you all :x::x:

Adnyl

Glad you all had a good lunch. I didn't make my appointment on Tuesday, or the lunch, as I was still in hospital. :x: