Life with bowel cancer

Baxter2

Edinburgh lunch meet up Friday 7th December

Good morning all!

I've been meaning to arrange a date to meet up for lunch in Edinburgh for a while so here goes!

I'm hoping some of us can combine with a wander around the Christmas markets and attractions and perhaps get a bit of Christmas shopping done! 😩 I also wondered if anybody from further afield wished to combine with a cheeky wee weekend break in Edinburgh! Just a thought!

I'm tagging those who have been before as well as those of you who have expressed an interest in joining in. I hope I don't leave anyone out and if so, please don't be offended!

@Claireb1978 @Ally13 @charlie @DMR700 @Gypsy @Elmac @Liriodendron345 @mem @Highkaren @mikey83 @dennis @Adnyl @KatieR

Hope you here from you soon and at least if I have a rough idea of numbers, I can get a booking done soon as it will be busy!! I understand some will not be sure if they can attend due to appointments and chemo etc! I was thinking of same venue which is very central and handy for trains/buses and Christmas markets. It's Howies, 29 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh. I'm happy to go anywhere else of course, if someone can suggest a good alternative.

Lots of love,

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œ

mikey83

Im free any dates, would’nt miss it 😊 so if dates change im still there. Hope everyone is well :x::x:

Elmac

I will only just be back from Australia so won't make it this time
Elaine

Baxter2

That's great @mikey83 ! Lovely to hear from you again! I'll put your name down as a definite then! I hope all well with you?

Sorry you can't make next one @Elmac but I'm sure you'll,need to rest up a bit after your Australian adventure!

Lots of love to you both!

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’›

mikey83

All is is well here thanks, looking forward to it :x:

Baxter2

That's great news @mikey83 ! See you in December! πŸ˜‰

Karen πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’œ

Gypsy

Hi @Baxter2 . I'm so sorry but I know I won't make it. I would have loved it if I could though. :x::x::x::x::x:

dennis

Not sure as I might be getting treatment then :x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Thanks for your reply @Gypsy but I'm sorry I won't see you then!

See how things go @dennis . You may be on a 3 weekly regime and might manage to work around it?

Fingers crossed!

Karen πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈπŸ’›

KatieR

We have an appointment with our Surgeon on Wednesday....so we should find out whats what then I have a feeling that John needs the big op So December might be busy for us. ?
Cath :x::x:

Baxter2

No worries @KatieR. Fingers crossed for John!🀞🀞

Love Karen πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’›β€οΈβ€οΈ

Pixie O

I'm only short hop and skip from Edinburgh so I'd love to join y'all. Treatment and low residue diet allowing πŸ˜‰πŸ’š

Baxter2

Brilliant @Pixie O !

I'll add your name to my list as I can always cancel nearer the time if needed!

It will be great to meet you!

KarenπŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ’›β€οΈ

Pixie O

Thanks Karen, looking forward to it. Last time I was in Edinburgh it was more like a loo tour of the city! Nice ones in Jenners but a bit of a hike to get to ☺️🚽

Ally13

Hi @Baxter2 I should be able to make lunch on that date. Look forward to seeing you all again!

Baxter2

Excellent @Ally13 ! Looking forward to it already! :x::x::x::x::x::x::x:

Bridget55

I may be interested as planning a Scottish trip in December xx will note date and be in touch nearer time :x:

Baxter2

Great news @Bridget55 ! Keep me posted! :x::x::x::x::x:

mem

Oh, I would really love to @Baxter2 but I won't be able too on this date. Hubby and I are going to Edinburgh again in Feb next year so maybe can meet up then too? :x::x::x::x:

Baxter2

Oh that's a shame @meme but hopefully we can arrange something for Feb!

Hope you had a great week away?

Lots of love

KarenπŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’œπŸ’™β€οΈ

mem

Loving meme @Baxter2 πŸ˜‰. Lovely week thankyou Karen and yeah, would be lovely to meet up again ☺️ :x::x::x: