Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

Life with bowel cancer

Terrish

That card that says "Need a loo Urgently" ...

I lost my purse a few weeks ago and with it my trusty card that states "This Holder Urgently Needs a Toilet" or words to that effect.

I don't fortunately have LARS, and I have only used the card once but to great effect -late one night when I had broken down I headed for a large Tescos, only to find the toilets locked due to renovation. I was directed to the nearest public loos which were too far for comfort so I waved my urgent card and got taken to the staff toilets - hooray!

It was like a talisman in my purse - I know I probably won't need it again, but I liked to have it. But for the life of me I can't remember who issued it - is it NHS or the stoma bag company perhaps, or one of the charities? Please enlighten me so I can apply for another.

Bear G

Hi @Terrish
Sorry about your purse, what a pain!

You can get those cards from Bladder and Bowel Foundation, I have one that I got from Macmillan.

:x::x:

Bridget55

Hi @terri m I have both a McMillan one and a just can’t wait card.. links as per above from @Polly 1

B :x:

terri m
Quote from @Bridget55:
Hi @terri m I have both a McMillan one and a just can’t wait card.. links as per above from @Polly 1

B

Hi lovely@Bridget55.. That message rearding the card was from @Terrish lol..😁 Must admit very simular names.... Hoping things okay your end xxxx😘

Freckles50

Thank you @Terrish, reading your post has prompted me to order one of these cards myself. I’ve had to fly by the seat of my pants a couple of times 🙈 (so to speak) so I’m sure this trusty little card will come in handy. :x::x:

Bridget55

Ooos @ terri m..losing it lol!
Doing well on maintenance regime. Currently at Penny Brohn Bristol for a few days :x:

Templetonburn

Got one called Just Can’t Wait by applying on line and it arrived in a couple of days.