Decembeard

Just Diagnosed

ninny

Colon cancer from flat Polyp

Hi All, I have today been told that I have a cancerous flat spreading polyp of 1.5cms in my transverse Colon. This comes after three Colonoscopies in 5 weeks. Each one done by a progressively experienced bowel screener. The bowel screener today could not remove it due to its position. I have to have bloods, Ct scan and MRi to check for spread and if none then an operation to remove part of my Colon. I cannot take it in and feel shell shocked. One minute the world is hunky dory and the next you are worried out of your mind. Anyone had similar experiences.

itfc1959

HI @ninny; sorry to hear you news, but the positives are already becoming evident. Once the full plan is in place your feet won't touch the floor, you'll have a whole team on your side and things will be a lot clearer. Click on my name to see the story.

ninny

Hi All. I have my operation set for 28th November ( next Wednesday) My puppies are all starting to go this weekend and I am not keeping one because of my illness. Can anyone tell me how you feel after the operation. My surgeon told me that I would be in hospital for 5 days to a week and he wouldn't know yet if I need chemo. I must say the NHS have pulled all the stops out because I was considering paying privately with the same surgeon that is doing it on the NHS. He told me the worst risk was leakage from the colon in the first week...must say this scares me a bit.

ninny

I would post a picture of pups but not sure how to do it on this site DianeS

bettebette

Hello @ninny best wishes for your surgery next week. I found the operation much less stressful than the anxiety of waiting. You say you have had good care so far and that bodes well for your operation, pain management and aftercare. :x:

ninny

Thank you bettebette, will be glad when it is over :x::x:

ninny

It is so good reading your stories, I don't feel like I am the only one :x::x:

bettebette

Hi @ninny if you want to name check someone put the @ symbol in front of their name and it will notify them eg., where you have messaged @DianeS
With love :x::x:

ninny

:)

Lirio345

Hello @ninny, good to hear that you now have a date for your surgery. I expect they will be aiming to carry out keyhole (laparoscopic) surgery which has a shorter recovery time. I didn’t have this so cannot comment, but I am sure that others will be along to help. Key thing is to listen to your body and be really kind to yourself.
If you want to attach a photo, click on the vertical arrow and ‘tray’ found below right of message box. Select photo library and choose your photo(s) etc - Good luck and take very good care, Kim :x::x:

mops

Hi @ninny hope you are ready for surgery and that it all goes well this week :x::x:

sweetcheeks

@ninny , good luck for Tuesday , :x::x::x::x:

ninny

My pups when 4 weeks old....

ninny

Just before they left today for their new homes...feeling sad to see them go and a friend is looking after one for me in case I don't need chemo and feel fine after op.

Lirio345

They are gorgeous @ninny! Kim :x::x:

mem

Aww @ninny they are SO cute! Bet you struggle to let them go do you? :x::x:

ninny

Yes, very emotional to let them go but I had 9 and they were so ready for individual attention that they can only get when they are split up. It is unusual for me not to keep one so the house is very empty even though I have 3 big dogs. Feeling a little nervous now as surgery in two days......oh well it has to be done. The only bonus is that my eldest daughter is coming over from NZ tomorrow....looking forward to that.
:x::x::x:

ninny

Hi Folks, I am back home after a week in hospital. I had a right hemicolectomy. I must admit the stay in hospital was pretty bad as all wards are so short staffed and all the drip/pain relief machinery kept going wrong in the middle of the night and was often unfixable. This meant many long nights with your machine making a melodious bleep, bleep every 10 seconds. I am suffering badly with bloating and diahhorea. I lost 1 stone in weight while in hospital and I am a tall skinny girl who cannot afford to lose anything at all. My daughters are taking great care of me and I know the little and often rule and what to and not to eat. It seems that everything I eat or drink just goes straight through me.....I am talking about tiny portions of food, really tiny. My sore guts just seem to grip and grind away and then shoot out far more than ever went in. I know it is early days but would be interested top hear other people's experiences of right Hemicolectomies.

mops

Hi @ninny it's great to hear you have had the op and are recovering at home... it sounds like you know the 'food rules, please try and stay with the little and often as what comes out the other end does improve with time! I am 9 weeks post op now and I found the first 4 weeks difficult and then things started to improve.., we are all different of course! At first I kept buying food I fancied but then could only take a few bites! Take advantage of being able to eat high calorie foods, my favourite wa Bonne Maman Toffee Cream (like a mousse) which was a small portion and it didn't upset my bowel, ooh and crumpets with butter 😃 take care :x::x::x:

DSussex

Sorry to hear about your stay in hospital. That’s rubbish. After one night of the machine failing, they should’ve got it fixed properly or replaced the next day. Your overall wellbeing should’ve taken precedence in every way.

I hope the procedure was a success in the long term and wish you a full recovery.

ninny

Thank you both for your well wishes, just need to sort the food thing out and hope that my bowel doesn't keep rejecting everything.