Share your experiences and help shape the services we offer in the future. Click here to take part in our survey today.

Younger people with bowel cancer

GemKent

My hubby didnt make it

Hi everyone. I have been very quiet on here for a while.
Unfortunately, my hubby passed away on the 6th October.
His cancer went mad all of a sudden and the peritoneal mets invaded his small bowel. We desperately tried to battle to get him fit enough for second line chemo but he deteriorated very quickly and his liver and kidney began to fail. He was admitted to a hospice on 6th September (our 4th wedding anniversary) and died on the 6th October.
Cancer is evil.
I want to thank everyone for their support and help during our journey, if it wasn't for you all I would never had found Imperial and Jamie Murphy who was willing to operate on Richard. It was just a shame that were just one step behind the whole time and we were too late.
All in all, he was battling for less than 12 months since diagnosis. I wonder if he wasn't fobbed off for 9 months by the GP, maybe he would still be here fighting but I will never know for sure and cant let that eat me up inside.
I have to start all over now for me and my 5 year old daughter, somehow!
:x::x::x:

Daffodil

Dear @GemKent , I am so sorry to hear this very sad news. Sending you and your daughter much love and gentle hugs. :x::x:

Sandy10

I’m so sorry to read this such sad sad news Love to you and your family :x::x:

itfc1959

I am so sorry and saddened to read this. No, it isn't fair. It isn't much I know, but I'll be thinking of you and your daughter,

bamcc

Sorry to hear your sad news. Sending you and your daughter strength and hugs :x:

GD62

Very sorry to read your news, my deepest condolences.....hugs z

azro3

So sorry to read this @GemKent Such horrible news. Much love to you and your daughter.

george1960

Horrible sad news sending love and hugs :x::x:

ProudDaughter

Sending love and well wishes to you and your little one. Very sorry to read this. Enjoy the light of your little girl at what must be an extra difficult time of year with all the xmas madness which will seem very unreal. @GemKent. :x::x:

kdan

@GemKent you are so right that cancer is evil. So sorry to hear your news and just wishing you all the strength!

fultime

So very sad. Wishing you the strength you need. :x::x::x::x:

snowsister

Oh gosh.... love and prayers coming your way.... so so sorry for your loss.💔

Salgal

Gosh, so very sorry to be reading this 💔 love to you and your little one :x::x:

determinedjoan

Thinking of you & ur daughter particularly at this time; really hope you will be with supportive family & friends who will look after you both & help u to cope & get through these terribly difficult times. Sending love, hugs & healing vibes :x:

scruffysheep

So sorry to read this, love to you and your daughter :x::x::x:

cyclingjohnny

so so sorry to read this,wishing you prayers and peace. :x::x::x::x:

Globerry

I cannot imagine how you are feeling and am so sorry to read this.My heart goes out to you 💔 saying prayers :x::x::x::x:

brighty08

So very sorry to read your post. This is all just so unfair. Sending lots of love to you and your family. :x::x::x:

pippajane

So very sorry to read your post
Love to you and your daughter :x::x:

DianeS

So sad to hear of your hubby’s passing. For those who are left behind, it is very hard. Love to you and your daughter :x::x::x::x::x:

jinnyp

@GemKent so so sorry to read this, I haven’t been on here much lately so didn’t see your post before. Sending love to you and your daughter :x::x::x::x::x: