Decembeard

Life with bowel cancer

terri m

The worry never goes 🤔

Hi
The last couple weeks I have experienced right shouldet pain, with discomfort under my breast bone.. I am not sure whether its swimming, has I recently joined the health club, but after a sleepless night with pain in my arm. I rang my nurse this morning, & I had bloods done this afternoon.. This cancer is a pain in the AR-- and causes worry appears to be one hurdle after another.. My son has has just parted with his girlfriend, and is absolutely devastated, so he is off work with stress. My daughter split up with her partner a few months ago🙄.. I am hoping & praying these bloods are fine. Fingers crossed🤞

Karen17

@terri m. Sometimes it feels you can't do right for doing wrong! I hope it is the swimming that's the cause but at least you've had your bloods done. :x::x:

mops

Bless you @terri m this must be a very difficult time for you. You have got through this so far so please keep that in mind. The relationship issues your son and daughter are going through right now will pass and I'm sure they wouldn't want to add to your worries. Please focus on yourself at the moment and when you feel stronger you will be better able to support them :x::x::x:

Lirio345

Hello @terri m, I am so sorry to hear that you and your family are having a a rotten time. It is good that the hospital is listening to you and carrying out some tests and I too really hope it the pain is due to the health club. Stay in touch, Kim :x::x:

Gypsy

I'm so sorry for all the worry and heartache @terri m .:x::x::x:

1234annie

Bless, no it never ever goes!! Ever since I booked my scan I've had these horrid scratchy feeling in my tummy. I'm scared it's 'something' horrid. I had all sorts of cheast twinges and strains in limbs back in Feb/March but I'm sure it's your body getting use to exsersise again. Hugs @terri m :x: :x: :x:

terri m

Hi all.. Bloods were all fine... Nurse thinks I have been over doing it with the swimming... I need to stop getting myself in a state about every twinge...in February I've enrolled on this moving forward programme run by mamillan has I know I got to get on with my life instead of thinking about cancer :x::x::x::x:

DianeS

Hi @terri m I totally understand how you feel, and the thoughts that twinge and pain we get is cancer related. Please believe me you are not on your own. The fear of it coming back is very hard to live with. I have found mindfulness, yoga and meditation have helped me immensely. Having said that I still go to pieces over blood tests and scans. I hope you find the moving on course a help. It’s worth trying lots of things to see which helps you best. Best of luck and great news that your bloods are fine. Love to your son and daughter, Diane :x::x:

terri m
Quote from @DianeS:
Hi @terri m I totally understand how you feel, and the thoughts that twinge and pain we get is cancer related. Please believe me you are not on your own. The fear of it coming back is very hard to live with. I have found mindfulness, yoga and meditation have helped me immensely. Having said that I still go to pieces over blood tests and scans. I hope you find the moving on course a help. It’s worth trying lots of things to see which helps you best. Best of luck and great news that your bloods are fine. Love to your son and daughter, Diane

Thankyou @Diana .. You are doing so well,hope you feel good & sounds like keep busy.. Love & hugs :x::x::x::x:

GD62

Hi @terri m

Glad to read blood are fine and it is perfectly natural to worry as we all do and some do it better than others. Good to read about your course that is very positive and all you can do for the kids is just be there for them.....good luck

Positive healing to all :x::x::x:

Baxter2

Hi @terri m

I'm so glad to see your bloods were fine. I also know only too well that worry about every twinge being cancer related! It drives us potty doesn't it?!

Hopefully you'll feel a little stronger and in a good position to support your kids through their troubles. It never really gets any easier....they still need us don't they?

Lots of love

Karen💚💜💛❤️💙