General Discussion

1234annie

Sigmoidoscopy today...scan tomorrow

I have these joys to look forward to today/tomorrow. It's not the procedures anymore that worry us it's the results. Scan anxiety was hitting me big time for weeks before but I thankfully I got some Prozac (fluoxetine) last week and they are slowing down the panic. This is one year bar a few weeks since I finished chemo for my t4bn1mo and 19 months on from diagnosis. Yesterday I saw in the local news that the GP who told me I had wind twice is in an inquest this week after a lady died a few weeks after giving birth. It reports the GP failed or didn't document basic checks like blood pressure to find a blood clot on woman's lung and told her to go home and 'do something nice' after she collapsed and shrugged it off as a panic attack. Once I know the outcome of the trial I will be putting in a complaint and taking all this further. Annie :x: :x: :x:

Sasa

We are rooting for you my love @1234annie

Sarah :x:

Salgal

Great news on the sigmoidoscopy and praying that the CT IS A OK 👌 :x::x::x:

Clancy

Everything crossed for tomorrow @1234annie, good news about the siggy.:x::x:

Cathy13

Glad yesterday went well, and hope today is just as positive
Cathy :x::x:

angelj

All the best for today @1234annie :x::x:

KarenE

Great news from yesterday’s test @1234annie. Best wishes for today :x::x:

bettebette

@1234annie good news about yesterday! Best wishes for the CT :x::x:

1234annie

It was very good news, just praying the rest of my insides look as good. It's nail biting isn't it. You know that the people doing the scan can see what the crack is but you still have to wait 😔 feeling a bit fraught about it all this morning. Trying to find my big girl brave pants 😄

Karen17

My one year post-chemo CT is next month so share your worries. Good luck again for today @1234annie :x::x:

LucyN

@1234annie so pleased to see your good news. Best of luck for the CT scan results. Sending hugs. Your post the other day when I was feeling completely desolate made all the difference to me! Hope the support of the brilliant people here gives you some added strength to get through the wait. :x::x::x:

1234annie
Quote from @LucyN:
@1234annie so pleased to see your good news. Best of luck for the CT scan results. Sending hugs. Your post the other day when I was feeling completely desolate made all the difference to me! Hope the support of the brilliant people here gives you some added strength to get through the wait.

They always have and do, we are very lucky to have eachother ❤ :x: :x: :x:

kitti

Excellent news @1234annie, so pleased for you :x::x::x:

1234annie

At the end of the inquest my GP she was singled out for neglect. I've contacted the same lawer used for this case. :x: :x:

annie50C

Best of luck for CT results .. Do you think the people doing the CT scan can see if there is an issue there and then or do they have to wait for consultant to look, ? Always wondered ? Xxx Anniexx

kitti

Hi @annie50C I think they know what they are seeing on the screen, infact after my diagnosis scans I was in a real state and the radiographer told me to try and not worry as it may not be as bad as i feared, funnily enough a week later I was told it was localised. Had the radiographer said that to reassure me?? I have no idea, maybe she said that to everyone. Tbh at the time I was in such a state with myself and so convinced it was everywhere that I didnt really take notice of the radiographer, it was only after I was told it was localised did i wonder :x::x::x:

1234annie
Quote from @annie50C:
Best of luck for CT results .. Do you think the people doing the CT scan can see if there is an issue there and then or do they have to wait for consultant to look, ? Always wondered ? Xxx Anniexx

Well thinking about it they probably don't know what they are looking for anyway. I looked at her face and I didn't get any vibes off her 😄

Clancy

@annie@1234annie, I think they are specially trained to adopt a “no leakage” facial expression. I used to try and read their faces but I have gone past caring now. I know they are radiographers and not trained to diagnose, but they must pick up some knowledge along the way. Good luck with your CT Annie.:x::x:

1234annie
Quote from @Clancy:
@annie@1234annie, I think they are specially trained to adopt a “no leakage” facial expression. I used to try and read their faces but I have gone past caring now. I know they are radiographers and not trained to diagnose, but they must pick up some knowledge along the way. Good luck with your CT Annie.

I agree @Clancy, they can't say but it's because we can't get behind the screen to look too isn't it not that we'd know what was good or bad. :x: :x:

annie50C

Yes, I thought the same with the radiotherapy .. I always think they must be able to see effects even whilst you are having Radio as they have all got 3D scanners now.. as you say they won't admit it though 😉so no use asking ! Good Luck on results .. ! :x::x::x::x: